Tall/soft seat foam for the WR450??

8 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted May 26, 2003 - 02:51 PM

I'm looking for comments/info on tall/soft seat foam for the WR450. I rode a 426 with the Factory Effex tall/soft seat and fell in love. Unfortunately, Factory Effex doesn't make a tall/soft for the WR450, only a tall/stock (whatever that is.) Let's face it, the WR450 stocker is like sitting on a brick. :) So, who makes tall/soft seat foam for the WR450's?

• FTD

Posted May 26, 2003 - 02:55 PM

Like I've posted in the past, find a good upholsterer in town and have them add some foam and re attach cover. My buddy does it and it is coosh.
Hoss

• ddialogue

Posted May 26, 2003 - 03:07 PM

Like I've posted in the past, find a good upholsterer in town and have them add some foam and re attach cover. My buddy does it and it is coosh.
Hoss

Is there enough room to do that with the stock cover or does he go with an aftermarket cover?

• SPUTTER

Posted May 26, 2003 - 04:00 PM

Guts Racing products (530-642-9118) has regular and soft foam options for standard and tall seats. I have the tall, soft option on my 03 YZ250F (same seat) and like it. A good cover and foam will run you about $130.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adamwagar

Posted May 26, 2003 - 04:44 PM

I rode a friends KTM that had the GUTS seat. WAY better. Felt like a narrow XR600 seat. Nice. I think I'm gonna get me one. :)

• adamwagar

Posted May 26, 2003 - 04:55 PM

Tried to find the Guts website but no luck. Here's a link to a retailer.
http://www.mxsouth.c...ts/gutsccom.htm

• utvols

Posted May 26, 2003 - 05:35 PM

I have used the guts seat foams and covers for all of my bikes. Experience has shown that the best option is the tall medium foam with regular seat cover. The foam will last longer and the seat cover will not give you monkey butt :D :). If you want a gripper seat I will sell you my guts cover for $40.00. One ride was all it took to remove.

• Poway Rider

Posted May 27, 2003 - 04:26 AM

Here Guts' web site with a great photo on RHS.

web page

• Machster

Posted June 04, 2003 - 04:20 PM

just installed my guts tall/soft w/one industries gripper cover..NIIIIICE!!!! no more :D :) :D. Should have been the first mod I made

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.