Guts racing seat covers

13 replies to this topic
  • tribalbc

Posted March 10, 2010 - 11:31 AM

So my stock seat is toast, time for a new one.
I plan on getting a Guts tall medium foam and a seat cover.
I'm just not sure which cover to get.
It's between the Competition cover and the P5 Ballistic seat cover

http://www.gutsracin...yamahamain.html

Anyone with any experience with these covers?

:banana:

Edited by tribalbc, March 10, 2010 - 12:11 PM.
fix link

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 10, 2010 - 12:42 PM

Anyone with any experience with these covers?

I went with the gripper seat cover...not that helps answer your question

What are you looking for?

BTW...good choice on foam :banana:

Edited by 123BigcoopDawg576, March 10, 2010 - 01:16 PM.

• tribalbc

Posted March 10, 2010 - 12:53 PM

[quote name='123BigcoopDawg576'][quote name='tribalbc']Anyone with any experience with these covers?QUOTE]

I went with the gripper seat cover...not that helps answer your question

What are you looking for?

BTW...good choice on foam :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for good grip on the seat area but still fairly smooth if that makes any sense. I don't want it so rough that it promotes monkey butt on long rides.Then I'm looking for good durability on the sides in the knee wear area.That's were my old seat has blown apart at the seams.

My choice for medium was helped in part by some of your earlier posts I searched earlier :banana:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 10, 2010 - 01:13 PM

I'm looking for good grip on the seat area but still fairly smooth if that makes any sense. I don't want it so rough that it promotes monkey butt on long rides.Then I'm looking for good durability on the sides in the knee wear area.That's were my old seat has blown apart at the seams.

The gripper cover is "grippy" all over the seat but its not so grippy that you cant move around or that it give you MB. It also holds up extremely well to wear. (I hug the tank with my knees and there is no sign of wear)

I have done plenty of multi day rides and my butt is fine...of course I stand 90% of the time. :lol: :banana:

If your worried about wear from your knee and legs then get the ballistic gripper. Stay away from the competition cover...my dad has that one and his is very slipper (to me anyways)

• tribalbc

Posted March 10, 2010 - 01:35 PM

The gripper cover is "grippy" all over the seat but its not so grippy that you cant move around or that it give you MB. It also holds up extremely well to wear. (I hug the tank with my knees and there is no sign of wear)

I have done plenty of multi day rides and my butt is fine...of course I stand 90% of the time. :lol: :banana:

If your worried about wear from your knee and legs then get the ballistic gripper. Stay away from the competition cover...my dad has that one and his is very slipper (to me anyways)

Sounds good, i was leaning towards the ballistic gripper anyways.
Do you happen to have a pic of your's :banana:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 10, 2010 - 02:38 PM

Do you happen to have a pic of your's :banana:

Brand new never sat on:smirk:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is that what your looking for or do you want something closer up or different angle?

• tribalbc

Posted March 10, 2010 - 05:29 PM

Brand new never sat on:smirk:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is that what your looking for or do you want something closer up or different angle?

If you have something closer up would be great :banana:

Is that the P5 ballistic gripper or hardcore gripper?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted March 10, 2010 - 09:20 PM

I don't know if they changed the mat'l used on the hardcore gripper or not but the last one I had was 2 1/2 years ago and it was crap.... the one before that was good..... (I am referring to wear and durability) I have been running the competition cover now for 2.5 years! Love the fit and finish, the "grip" is good and it has been very durable.... just now starting to see a seam failure after 2.5 years of my muddy fat ass sliding around on it:busted:

• tribalbc

Posted March 11, 2010 - 08:19 AM

I don't know if they changed the mat'l used on the hardcore gripper or not but the last one I had was 2 1/2 years ago and it was crap.... the one before that was good..... (I am referring to wear and durability) I have been running the competition cover now for 2.5 years! Love the fit and finish, the "grip" is good and it has been very durable.... just now starting to see a seam failure after 2.5 years of my muddy fat ass sliding around on it:busted:

Yeah I remember you saying something about that cover. Was it seams or just general material? I'll have to email guts and see if we're talking about the same material.....
Do you happen to have a pic of your comp cover?????

I won't able to make it down for the Desert 100, be busy working as usual at that time of year......
You enjoying the early spring down there as well?
Well except for today it's snowing out here :banana:

• tribalbc

Posted March 11, 2010 - 04:03 PM

So I talked to someone at Guts today. They actually were very helpfull and he knew what he was talking about, what a breath of fresh air these days :banana:

So here's the rundown I got

Hardcore gripper is the grippiest but least durable
Competiton is least grippy but most durable, has the nylon on sides
P5 ballistic gripper is combo of hardcore and competition, has nylon on sides, not quite as durable as competition but grippier
They now have the factory team seat which is supposed to be ultra grippy and durable.
I think I might buck up and go all out with the factory team seat :lol:

http://gutsracing.com/

http://gutsracing.co...at/FTS_YZF4.jpg

• Codeman00

Posted November 02, 2010 - 07:37 PM

What material did you end up going with? Do you like it or wish you bought a different material?

• tribalbc

Posted November 03, 2010 - 06:46 AM

What material did you end up going with? Do you like it or wish you bought a different material?

I ended up spending the $'s and getting the Factory Team cover. Love it, the 3 extra ribs in the back work like a step seat for holding you in, without the bump in the way when you're putting your butt way over the rear fender.Tall medium foam, soft enough but not too soft :excuseme:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Codeman00

Posted November 03, 2010 - 02:50 PM

Wow...thats a nice seat. I think I'm sold on the tall medium too but haven't decided on the cover type.

Did you find that your bike control was different with your extra inch of seat height?

Edited by Codeman00, November 03, 2010 - 03:56 PM.

• tribalbc

Posted November 03, 2010 - 04:43 PM

Wow...thats a nice seat. I think I'm sold on the tall medium too but haven't decided on the cover type.

Did you find that your bike control was different with your extra inch of seat height?

At 6'3" a tall seat and bar risers are usually the first mods I do to bikes. Prior to the guts, I had added a couple inches of foam and some material to the stock seat. Position feels way better in corners, usually the only time you use the seat..... don't feel cramped in the cockpit...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.