YZ426F fender stickers?

6 replies to this topic
  • Scott_F

Posted December 17, 2000 - 09:29 PM

Has anyone seen any aftermarket replicas of the stock YZ426F rear fender stickers?

• flyinguitars

Posted December 18, 2000 - 12:39 PM

Im also looking for a replacement "YAMAHA" sticker that goes on the front fork protectors. A rock tore mine off and I like to keep things looking stock for as long as I can. Thanks

• Scott_F

Posted December 19, 2000 - 07:55 AM

Both of these stickers are available at the dealer, if you don't mind paying the price. I wish graphics companies would make more oem replica stuff.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • holeshot

Posted December 19, 2000 - 11:40 AM

I assume that you're spiffing the 426 up, in order to sell it. :) Did you get the 250F yet?

• daveyg

Posted December 19, 2000 - 01:34 PM

Just a thought guys, but I bet if someone did what I suggest, you could sell sticker replacements to plenty of Yamaha owners.

First, you'd have to order the replacements from the dealer. The rear fender stickers on both sides, the Yamaha on the fork legs, and the Yamaha on the swingarm. Then, go to Kinko's and make sweet color copies of them onto 3M adhesive paper. Cut out the stickers and you now have sweet replacements. Not sure if selling these would cause a copyright infringement with Yamaha Motors Corp, but it would be worth looking into. If anyone else has any other ideas, would love to hear them.

• flyinguitars

Posted December 21, 2000 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for the idea Daveyg. Im going to try a prototype using a transparent sheet in my printer. I draw on the computer all day for a living...the YAMAHA logo on the fork protectors is a piece of cake. Im going to try using a little clear spray adhesive and see how it looks. ScottF, if it works I'll mail you the stickers, should only cost about $0.30, or whatever the price of a stamp is these days!LOL

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted December 26, 2000 - 07:24 AM

DeCal works may be able to supply also if anyone out there does not have the equipmemnt to make them in-house. They are at www.decalmx.com

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.