1990 Rt 180

3 replies to this topic
  • ninners

Posted March 08, 2010 - 07:43 PM

Ok this is my wife's trail riding bike that comes with the deal where the fuel and the oil are mixed at the carb. I would prefer to run my own mix and not rely on this. has anyone ever disabled one of these. To me it would make sense to just loop it back to itself on the injector pump and plug off the port on the carb. Anyone?

• WAMXP1MP

Posted March 09, 2010 - 07:45 AM

What you would want to do to remove the oil injection is what most people do is remove the oil pump and but a block off plate on the inside of the cases and of course you block the oil line inlet on the carb.

by removing the oil injection it will also require some minor jetting tweaks I believe you'll need to richen your pilot and main jets. I vaguely recall something about the oil n gas mixed together going through the carb makes it leaner vs just straight gas through the carb cause the oil injection inlet on most oil injection bikes happens right after the carb circuits.

• ninners

Posted March 09, 2010 - 12:06 PM

that was very helpful and thank you very much i will have to look at what jets are in there i am pretty sure everything is stock. I do however not know what a block off plate is and where to get one. Thanks a ton

• CaptDan

Posted March 09, 2010 - 02:49 PM

The block-off plate is a,

"...oil pump block-off plate for most Yamaha two-stroke engines. Allows removal of the autolube pump when opting for more-reliable pre-mixing oil & fuel, especially on modified engines. Fits all popular Yamaha engines like RD, RZ, DT, YSR, MX and most others. This plate covers the hole where the oil pump is located and is easy to install."

Retro-Cycle-Supply on eBay has them.

http://stores.ebay.c...ro-Cycle-Supply

Good luck!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ250 2013 by MXRider72

Yamaha YZ250 2013
  • 4 reviews
  • Last review by phantom451
  • On August 10, 2014
Forums
Photo

yz 2000 and 2003 cylinders by dawson1120

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 6 replies
Forums
Photo

85 or 150? by drzrider04

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

1998 yz125? by Cort003

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

2014 yz250 Gearbox Problems by Hoffy77

• 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.