Trail Tech Vapor Custom Mount

6 replies to this topic
  • joehonee

Posted March 08, 2010 - 02:16 PM

Last week I saw a picture on TT of someone who had mounted the Trail Tech Vapor head unit in their 1 1/8" handlebar pad. It was super slick and I was thinking about stealing the idea but can't seem to find the post. Anyone done this before or know where the heck I saw it?

• grayracer513

Posted March 08, 2010 - 03:11 PM

It was an hour meter, not a Vapor. Use the advanced search on those keywords.

• swatdoc

Posted March 10, 2010 - 12:37 PM

as an option, i mounted my Vapor to the bolt that holds the front of the tank. just made a small custom bracket out of sheet aluminum

Posted Image

pic isn't the greatest, but you can see my vapor just ahead of the gas cap. if you wanna do it this way, i'll take some better pics

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted March 10, 2010 - 12:58 PM

swatdoc, I like the black frame on your bike, really looks great!

• FinchFan194

Posted March 10, 2010 - 05:22 PM

I like everything about that bike!

I would be interested in seeing a better shot of your mount. Up close with it on and with the trail tech off to see what the mount looks like.

• swatdoc

Posted March 11, 2010 - 02:16 AM

no prob finch - i'll try to get those on here thurs or friday

• Se77vN

Posted March 11, 2010 - 11:59 AM

Last week I saw a picture on TT of someone who had mounted the Trail Tech Vapor head unit in their 1 1/8" handlebar pad. It was super slick and I was thinking about stealing the idea but can't seem to find the post. Anyone done this before or know where the heck I saw it?

May have been mine. I actually went to a motorcycle salvage and managed to find a bracket that had holes spaced exactly the same as the bar bolts, so I drilled 2 holes on the mount and bolted the TT down on it then bolted that to the bars.

If you have the option of checking a local salvage yard, take down the top bar mount holder as a reference and see if they can find something for you. Mine was free.

If you need I can take some more pics for you. I actually just pulled it off last night and painted it black. Let me know.

-John

PS, here's a pic I had posted a couple weeks ago.

Posted Image

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.