BEST GEAR FOR WHEELIES???

23 replies to this topic
  • Fireballsocal

Posted May 08, 2002 - 10:10 AM

I don't know where you guy's are coming up with 80+ mph with stock gearing. The YZ does roughly 75 on a flat surface at redline. Dirtbike did a test with the bigger fourstrokes and tested the top speed with a calibrated radar gun. The WR would get well over 80 but the YZ needs different gearing.

• Glen_T

Posted May 08, 2002 - 12:31 PM

I was lookin' at the mph on the GPS. Unless it was way off, my stock (motor and geared) YZ should be worth a bit more than the 80mph I got in dry sand with a paddle on some harder surface. Just my .02, but I saw what I saw.
GLEN :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 08, 2002 - 12:36 PM

Mine taped at 145 after I turbo charged it

• Howard_Huge

Posted May 08, 2002 - 02:35 PM

Learning to wheelie is safest when done in first gear doing (balance wheelies) opposed to the power wheelies mentioned above. My personal fave is sliping the clutch in third, low revs, and picking up forth early with fat steady throttle riding it till the front wheel stops spinnin. Who wants to be safe anyway :)
HUGE

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.