2010 YZ450F Suspension Question

3 replies to this topic
  • APlusAutoParts

Posted March 08, 2010 - 04:37 AM

I just tried my new yz450f yesterday, it was my first time riding a 4 stroke and by the way i loved it my 2 smoke will be getting a long break. My question is I have an 2009 yz250 and i have my suspension done by factory connection. i was wondering if anyone thought i could just switch them out.

• grayracer513

Posted March 08, 2010 - 08:00 AM

Well, the shock is totally different, so that's out. As different as the steering is between the two bikes, I'd just assume that it wouldn't be in your best interest to switch the forks out, either. The triple clamp offset is definitely different, for on thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper38

Posted March 08, 2010 - 08:27 AM

I believe the 2010 has 10mm longer forks so I would not make the change either!

• APlusAutoParts

Posted March 08, 2010 - 09:53 AM

not what i was hoping for but thanks for the info guys

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.