2009 wr450 computer

4 replies to this topic
  • welshmaxxer

Posted March 07, 2010 - 06:57 PM

Hi guys, just changed my 2003 wr450 for a 2009 wr450, but cant for the life of me figure out the computer.

it is virtually brand new having only done 25kms but I have no manuals.
I have no problems mechanically as I pretty much know WRs inside out, took it for the first ride yesterday but scratching my head over the computer.

what I am trying to do is change kmh to mph.

I was riding with a friend who had a 2007 model and with his it was simply hold "select 2" button, and it changed over.

all the buttons appear to work as they should, I can go through both trips, odo and even get the stopwatch and km countdown to work, set the clock etc.

Have yamaha changed anything on what appears to be identical for 2009, or maybe my friend and I have models for different markets???

your help please!!!!!

Phil

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted March 07, 2010 - 10:53 PM

I forget how to change it off the top of my head, but I think you can still download a pdf file of the factory service manual in one of the stickies at the top of the forum.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • klossWR450

Posted March 08, 2010 - 06:04 AM

that's been mentioned on this forum couple of times, if I can remember american specs bikes had mph speedos only, the manual states: for UK models (only?) SLCT2 button for two seconds to switch kph-mph

• Goose610

Posted March 08, 2010 - 09:42 AM

Hello Phil
You can download the manual on Yamaha Motor Australias website for free.
Link to the site http://www.yamahaown...om.au/index.php
G.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted March 08, 2010 - 10:04 AM

that's been mentioned on this forum couple of times, if I can remember american specs bikes had mph speedos only, the manual states: for UK models (only?) SLCT2 button for two seconds to switch kph-mph

My U.S. spec '08 can switch between KPH and MPH. I think they are all the same now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.