Chain advise please!

1 reply to this topic
  • gdavis1967

Posted March 07, 2010 - 11:18 AM

I have an 03 WR450 that has all the mods including mostly YZ motor internals that I ride alot of single track and general off road with. I don't ride competitively, so weight is not a concern but long life is. I spend too much time working on my kids race bikes to spend much time and money on mine. It's time for a new set of sprokets and chaing for the WR and I'd like some input on which type of chain to buy - standard, O-ring, X-ring, etc... I'm really not sure in my case what would be the best choice. The conditions around here vary from rock to sand to clay and everything inbetween. Any help would be great.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted March 08, 2010 - 02:17 PM

Many have good luck with the brand Primary Drive o-ring chain.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.