Flywheel weight

6 replies to this topic
  • FOX426

Posted December 15, 2000 - 05:46 PM

My 426 is set up for woods riding. Harescrambles. I can keep it singing pretty good through the trees but still stall when using rear brake hard(Tree). I am going to go with a flywheel weight and am trying to decide between 10oz or 12oz. I went to a rear sprocket 52 tooth and like the results but still feel I need the flywheel weight . whats working for you?

• 4banger

Posted December 15, 2000 - 10:46 PM

I have a 10 on mine and it helped. I would suggest putting on the biggest available, which is 12 or 14, if you are in the woods. I only do woods and did not want to wait for mine to be welded on. That's why I went with the bolt on 10 oz. Stealy weight.

• dirtdad

Posted December 20, 2000 - 08:03 AM

I believe Scott's has a 12oz. weight that bolts on. I could be wrong but that's what they show on their website.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FOX426

Posted December 20, 2000 - 12:46 PM

Thank, I just ordered a 10 oz from Terrycable.I think with the bigger sprocket already on this should do the trick. 4banger,did the 10oz pretty much resolve the stalling?

------------------
The world loves talent but, pays off on character.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 20, 2000 - 06:32 PM

I have a '98 YZ400 with a 10 oz weight, 1 tooth down on the CS sprocket, and idle set up slightly. Rarely stall...

Paul in AZ

• scottzx7rr

Posted December 21, 2000 - 04:10 AM

On my 99 I have the 10.5 bolt on type so that I can take it off very easy. But if I remember correctly anything bigger requires the removal of the flywheel and shipped to the manufacturer to have the weight weld/riveted on the flywheel. That is why mine has the 10.5. But that might have changed.

------------------
Scott #431
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"
Pics

• dirtdad

Posted December 21, 2000 - 11:00 AM

I previously gave bum info. It's stroker that lists the 12oz. weight. Here's the link. www.strokerspeed.com Check it out if you want.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.