Now the oils leakin!?!?!?!?

6 replies to this topic
  • CRFMike_5

Posted March 06, 2010 - 12:56 PM

alright so from my precious thread the "I got screwed", I replaced my oring in the pipe that connects the water pump to the radiator and no more leaking! but now I went for about a 3-4 mile ride and come back put it in the garage and see oil dripping, its a very slow drip its not from the drain bolt, somewhere near the shift lever is there any common seals or gaskets that go out here that will cause oil to drip?

its a 98 wr400 btw

• PBDBLUE

Posted March 06, 2010 - 01:41 PM

There's a crankcase breather hose that dumps in that area. It's normal for it to drip a bit.

• chevy power

Posted March 06, 2010 - 02:23 PM

The seal behind the front sprocket tends to go bad. Happened to my bike, or it could be coming from the seal on the shifter. Try to wipe it away any oil around there and start it up and trace the oil to the source.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRFMike_5

Posted March 06, 2010 - 06:05 PM

There's a crankcase breather hose that dumps in that area. It's normal for it to drip a bit.

is it normal for it to get on my chain and throw oil spatter over the whole under the rear fender lol? atleast I dont have to lube the chain lol:smirk:

• CRFMike_5

Posted March 06, 2010 - 06:11 PM

and thers some oil coming out from right under the header what should I do about that? there wasnt any gasket when i pulled it off earlier?

• chevy power

Posted March 07, 2010 - 05:35 PM

Thats either the head gasket leaking or more commonly the plug right above the head pipe.

• C-P

Posted March 08, 2010 - 09:27 PM

Based on your first post, I'd check close around the countershaft sprocket - pretty common to get leaks there. Then maybe at the shift lever. If its the countershaft seal, not too hard if you take your time. Do a search here....be sure to replace the seal AND the collar and o-ring that run inside the seal. Good luck!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.