New Owner of '01 WR426

2 replies to this topic
  • AliveInMyOde

Posted May 24, 2003 - 05:32 PM

Hello
Well i just bought the dirtbike i have always wanted two days ago and have already put 150 miles on it! I previously owned a KLX300 and wow this bike is so much better than the klx! which i figured it would be but i didn't realise how bad the KLX was or either how the WR makes the KLX look bad. well anyways i was curious if there is anything i should look out for on the bike. such as any parts that usually go wrong for people or what ya'll suggest do. I wish i would have known about stuff before i broke my KLX's idler gear! so i would really appreciate some info. thanks guys

-Billy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jwriott

Posted May 24, 2003 - 06:01 PM

Search for the "free mods" and go to town. You'll love this bike compared to the KLX. Uncorking it makes it really move. I'm not sure where you live but search for "Taffy Jetting" and make sure you have it correct for where you live.

The only thing I'd do until you have some time on the bike is make sure you carry and extra plug and the plug wrench with you. Foul it and you are stuck for sure.

Other than that, have fun. :D :)

• 96warrior

Posted May 25, 2003 - 08:54 PM

Congradulations :) You and me both. I'm gonna be in the process of doing the free mods pretty quick. Pulling the blue wire did make it easier to start.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.