Hot start cable is stretched with bar risers

4 replies to this topic
  • Alon

Posted March 06, 2010 - 01:30 AM

I have been having issues with my hot start lever and traced it back to a broken nut going down into the carb. I have some bar risers/adapters for my fat bars and I think that the cable is stretched too tight. Does anyone make an extended hot start cable? Is there any way I can extend it myself?

Thanks!

• FinchFan194

Posted March 06, 2010 - 10:59 AM

What year is your bike? If its an 06 or newer then go buy a hotstart from an 03-05 they were about 4 inches longer. I just bought an 08 and had a new hotstart cable on my 04 but didn't use it as it was too long. So I know this would work.

If the bike is an 05 or older try rerouting the cable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alon

Posted March 06, 2010 - 11:43 AM

Wow sorry, completely spaced last night. Its an 05 WR450.

• FinchFan194

Posted March 06, 2010 - 11:48 AM

I would try rerouting it then. My 04 YZf was routed around the outside of the steering head you could not go around and use zip ties to attach it to the frame under the tank. Shouldn't be too hard.

• Alon

Posted March 06, 2010 - 12:35 PM

I guess I will try that, thanks!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.