jetting, and air/fuel screw

2 replies to this topic
  • chaseboka

Posted March 05, 2010 - 10:24 PM

I have a 2005 wr450 and i put a white brothers e2 exhaust pipe on it but i lost the jet that it came with, does anyone have any idea what size it was..... and i was messin with my air/fuel mixture screw because i thought it was the idle screw now it doesn't run the same how do i get it back to where it was..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted March 06, 2010 - 10:27 PM

The new pipe probably just came with a bigger main jet. Main jet controls 3/4 - full throttle so the rest of the jetting would remain unchanged had you just replaced the jet that it came with. The fuel screw controls idle - about 1/4 throttle along with the pilot jet. Needle taper and clip position control 1/4 - 3/4 throttle. That is the basics of jetting.
Without the bike running turn the fuel screw all the way in and then back it out 1.5 turns, that will be a good starting point. The bike should start with that setting. Warm up the bike and adjust it after that. It should be between 1 - 2 turns out from fully in. If it is more than 2 turns you need a bigger pilot, less than 1 turn you need a smaller pilot. When adjusting it, with the bike running turn it in until it starts to die. Back it out a 1/4 turn or so and see how the throttle response is. Mess around until you get a crisp response just don't go more than 2 turns out or less than 1 in.

Once you have the proper pilot, you should adjust the screw everytime you ride as temps, humidity are always changing and you have to adjust for elevation as well.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted March 06, 2010 - 10:32 PM

Also check this out that is in the sticky

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=309069

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.