Can I modify a PMB Insert

2 replies to this topic
  • foursmoke

Posted May 24, 2003 - 08:52 AM

Will cutting down the tube or drilling out some of those small holes help performance. I don't have an issue with rangers sound testing in this area, just wanted to quiet bike down alittle. How drastic of a change will be cutting tube down 1/2 or 2/3 be to my jetting. After installing the PMB I changed jetting to 155mj 45pj, 65 starter & fuel screw out 1 1/2 turn. Have not rode yet to test this setup out.

Smoke :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted May 26, 2003 - 07:33 PM

Hi foursmoke,

I was thinking the same as you. I have both the PMB and GYT-R baffle. Currently my bike runs better with the GYT-R. I was showing a buddy of mine both baffles and we thought drilling out a couple of the holes all the way through might be the ticket. I would suggest drilling out every third hole and try it out. If still not enough drill out a couple more. I don't think shortening the tube would help but I may be wrong. Good luck and let us know about your findings !!!

Fryboy

• ddialogue

Posted May 27, 2003 - 03:09 AM

Before you destroy your PMB insert by cutting it down or drilling out the holes, contact Lynn at PMB first! He has already done most of what you're wanting to do and can tell you the results he found in the process.

Here's his number:

Lynn
Pro Moto Billet
1-208-377-8747

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.