rear sprockets

3 replies to this topic
  • moto278

Posted March 04, 2010 - 02:57 PM

alright guys. i got a 2010 yz450f and a 07 yz250f. i have no need to spend 60+ dollars on a renthal sprocket if somethin cheaper works the same. i saw rockymountainmc.com has a sproket thats under 20 bucks. anybody use this? ne input on them? and my next question, obviously theres a big torque difference between the bikes, but are the rear sprockets interchangable? i will be riding different tracks this year, and both bikes will be with. i was wonderin if i can carry different tooth sprockets nd use them on both bikes?

• norcal_hoss

Posted March 04, 2010 - 03:10 PM

Ive been using the steel sprockets from Rockymount atv for years. Just like any other steel sprocket they last forever. Cant really beat $19 bucks. I had a 07 yz 450 but could not tell you if the sprockets are interchangeable .. I would think they.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Polar_Bus

Posted March 04, 2010 - 04:08 PM

alright guys. i got a 2010 yz450f and a 07 yz250f. i have no need to spend 60+ dollars on a renthal sprocket if somethin cheaper works the same. i saw rockymountainmc.com has a sproket thats under 20 bucks. anybody use this? ne input on them? and my next question, obviously theres a big torque difference between the bikes, but are the rear sprockets interchangable? i will be riding different tracks this year, and both bikes will be with. i was wonderin if i can carry different tooth sprockets nd use them on both bikes?

$20 steel sprockets don't wear out and slower or faster than $50 steel sprockets. What DOES wear out sprockets quickly is a CHEAP roller chain.... do what I do, save your pennies and buy a premium quality Regina or DID oring or X ring chain. Your sprocket life will triple (maybe longer)...no BS!

• moto278

Posted March 04, 2010 - 06:43 PM

i agree. that is one place i wont cut corners is a chain. on my 250f i prefer non o-ring chains. but with the 450f ill probably start runnin good o-ring chains on both. renthal, regina, did, whichever one i can get the best deal on at the time haha

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.