Excellent Mistake

3 replies to this topic
  • Jonesy920

Posted May 23, 2003 - 11:09 AM

I put my new 52 sprocket and chain on last weekend and by mistake took out 1 too many links. The back wheel is as far forward as it can go and still have a safe chain slack. It is at least 1/2" farther forward than stock. The chain wear will be more, because of the angle into the chain guide, but thats another story. My point is that the bikes handling/turning was much more noticable with this setup than moving the shocks up in the triple clamp. The bike lost alot of the top heavy feel ie; in quick side to side turns in tight stuff, and I didn't get any head shake :) :D BTW the Motorcycle gods got even with me, after making fun of my buddy kicking his Husky, and tauting him with my E-start, I tipped over and the grey button on the electric start popped out never to be found again. But I did get real good at kick starting :D

• Machster

Posted May 24, 2003 - 09:53 AM

NOOOOT THE MAGIC BUTTON!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO.
lmao

Machster
Live well...Ride free :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yimmyhauler

Posted May 24, 2003 - 08:16 PM

LOL ... always bring bailing wire, paper clips for such an ocassion. (duct tape wont cunduct hehe)

• SFO

Posted May 26, 2003 - 04:57 AM

put your back wheel forward! :)
About two years ago this was THE TRICK to get a wr to actually turn. On this board I learned it, and with MX Tuners help.
Good to see it be rediscovered :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.