CAN I GET A WR450F FROM NEVADA AND MAKE IT DUAL REG. IN CA.

3 replies to this topic
  • MRXMAN

Posted May 23, 2003 - 07:37 AM

I ALSO HAVE FAMILY IN NEVAVA CAN I USE THEM TO MAKE THE BIKE STREET LEGAL IN CA. :)

• Bytor

Posted May 23, 2003 - 11:37 AM

I live in Nevada and it was real simple to register my bike in this state. All I did was take in my bill of sale and proof of insurance and I walked out with a plate. I didnt even have my dual sport kit yet. The only thing is my title says off road vehicle only. I wonder if once you get a registration and a plate if it will transfer to another state or if it is going to set off some red flags. :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nixter

Posted May 24, 2003 - 12:39 PM

From what I understand, you can't. The VIN # on the bike is still going to prevent it from passing CA emmisions, regardless what state you register it in. About your only option would be to ride around with Nevada plates.

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted May 27, 2003 - 04:42 AM

Make sure you buy it as a used bike that is already street legal in another state and it will slide right through. If you buy it new, have your relatives "buy " it, then street legal it and buy it as a used bike from your relatives. That should work. I bought my 99 wr street legal in oregon and it transfered to california no questions asked. But my bike was always green sticker eligible in ca even before the change.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.