Searching for a headlight protector

6 replies to this topic
  • 06_WR_450

Posted March 03, 2010 - 01:34 PM

I have a bad habit of crowding the guy in front of me:bonk: While on a recent trip to Big Bend a rock busted the glass on the head light.

I'm searching for some ideas, links and recommendations on how to protect the headlight on my '06 WR450.

Thanks in advance.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 03, 2010 - 01:50 PM

I'm searching for some ideas, links and recommendations on how to protect the headlight on my '06 WR450.

Go to Home Depot and get once of these and duck tape it across the light :thumbsup:

Posted Image

• 06_WR_450

Posted March 03, 2010 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for the idea. Problem is I need the light to ride on the road legally. Sorry I didn't specify that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 03, 2010 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for the idea. Problem is I need the light to ride on the road legally. Sorry I didn't specify that.

Hmm...do a search...this has been discussed before

Not sure what everyone is using to get around your problem (sorry I cant help)

• bg10459

Posted March 03, 2010 - 03:46 PM

I've been using a 3M product called Xpel for a few years. Finally, after 3 years of riding and many smaller hits, a golf ball size rock was roosted toward me while going about 60 mph and that was all it could take. Now I have two layers of Xpel.
It's completely clear; you wouldn't know it was there unless I told you, and it's relatively cheap. I bought enough material to cover four WR headlights (or two double layer) for about $10. :thumbsup: :ride:

• 06_WR_450

Posted March 03, 2010 - 06:15 PM

Thanks all. Found some ideas from the DRZ section as well. Learned that this software automatically posts similar threads toward the bottom of the page:) How about that?

• umu24013

Posted March 04, 2010 - 12:39 AM

There's a polycarbonate WR headlight rock guard here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item20afcb3c23

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.