09 WR license plate bracket

4 replies to this topic
  • coxr650l

Posted March 03, 2010 - 12:45 PM

Dose anyone have some pictures of a license plate bracket using the stock tail light?

I made a bracket that puts the plate at a 45 degree angle coming off the back of the tail light, but every time I bottom the rear out the tire hits the license plate and bends it to hell:banghead:

Any ideas would help with the next bracket I make to keep from loosing the damn plate. Thanks :thumbsup:

Edited by coxr650l, March 03, 2010 - 04:37 PM.

• AZWFO

Posted March 03, 2010 - 08:52 PM

Here's one cheap option. I used a rubber $12 motion-pro plate holder. I mounted the actual plate to a same size piece of hard plastic and then to the rubber motion-pro plate holder. On the fender I used some existing holes for mounting, while trimming the rubber a little to fit. You may also see in the pic a ty-wrap that will give me a last chance save if it all falls apart. So far it hasn't. Later I added LED plate-lights that run off the tail-light power.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SAthump

Posted March 03, 2010 - 09:38 PM

I have the ebay guys on both my WR's they work great!

• coxr650l

Posted March 04, 2010 - 06:49 AM

I have the ebay guys on both my WR's they work great!

Do you have a pic of it on your bike, and dose it still work with the 07-09 tail light?

Here is a picture of mine, Im not sure how I could get it further back or higher to avoid the tire:banghead: Any ideas?

Posted Image

Thanks

• GuyGraham

Posted March 04, 2010 - 11:48 AM

Gave up with mine and got one of these

http://www.adrenalin...ender-2190.aspx

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.