I just did a review on the decal works background/number combo for the 426

check it out http://www.fastbydes...om/reviews.html

just spreadin the thumper luv !

------------------
Hold it Wide...
http://www.fastbydesign.com

• Muroc

Posted December 13, 2000 - 08:41 AM

Looks like more SPAM to me. Didn't they boot you off of other sites for this same thing?

• smitty33

Posted December 13, 2000 - 10:07 PM

Consider it spam if you want Muroc!

I don’t make a penny from my site, I do it cause i like to promote the sport and help out fellow riders.

If u took the time to read the article you would see it was about the problems allot of ppl have installing backgrounds on the 426 plates, a request that was e-mailed into me by more than one member of T-Talk.

The internet can be a great way to share information, that was the purpose of the post

------------------
Hold it Wide...

• Muroc

Posted December 13, 2000 - 10:41 PM

Standard spammer reply. Thanks for proving my point.

• Hick

Posted December 13, 2000 - 12:21 PM

Originally posted by Muroc:
Looks like more SPAM to me.

How would you define SPAM?

I guess I don’t know what that is…

• smitty33

Posted December 13, 2000 - 02:22 PM

Muroc,

Your well thought out 8 words show your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Where are your posts telling jlm400
that he's spaming with his review of the YZ250F.

Guess u have nothing better to do with your time than bother the people trying to do something constructive.

And who died and made you moderator?

Get a Life!!!!

Your mom said, your sister wants her computer back !

------------------
Hold it Wide... http://www.fastbydesign.com

[This message has been edited by smitty33 (edited 12-13-2000).]

• Muroc

Posted December 13, 2000 - 06:32 PM

jlm400 is merely sharing information while you on the other hand are just trying to get hits for your own site thinly diguised as being helpful. It's obvious that other message boards have chased you away so the folks here at TT are going to be subjected to your spam. Bryan is too nice a guy to tell you to go away, but it doesn't change the simple fact that you're just another weasel spammer with an agenda.

• MXOldtimer

Posted December 13, 2000 - 07:13 PM

I've used Decal work pre printed back rounds and just love them but when I put my backrounds or graphics on I use a different process. I fill the wife's kitchen sink with HOT HOT water, add some dishwashing soap, put in my side plate, # plate or shroud, let it get hot, then I peel the whole graphic and lay it on the piece. I can lift, shift, move all I want till I get it how I want it, and the hot water makes working the graphics around contours a cinch. Then remove from the hot soapy water and squeege out the excess. This also works great to remove old graphic, and it wont damage the glue on the graphics, so they're reusable.

Doug

• YZThumpa

Posted December 13, 2000 - 08:20 PM

Good tip, smitty. Don't know what spam is, but I put numbers on my bike for the first time this past week in anxious anticipation for my first race ever. My dad makes vinyl graphics, so I stop by the shop and get 4 sets of numbers (never know when you may need a spare). So I get home, run to the garage, and stick on the front number 34 on that nice flat plate. Admire it for a while, then move to the passenger side, stick on the three, then stick on the fou...sonofabitch! A crease the size of a finish line tabletop. Grab the next four and ...damnmit! Try the spare four and... hop in the truck to drive back to dad's shop for a few more numbers and a few more spares...You get the picture. Later my brother says, "Ya see the trick numbers on the custom backgrounds?" Finally got my numbers on after slicing and dicing like Ron Popeil to make the curves. But next time....

• smitty33

Posted December 14, 2000 - 07:41 AM

MXOldtimer's tip is a great option, and for ppl using separate numbers and backgrounds sounds great.

YZThumpa:
Muroc, doesn't know what spam is either so don't feel left out. Glad i could show u some options. Too bad about your bros timing.
Good luck on your first race !

As for you Murdoc, you’re a childish little cowardly goober, who sits behind his sister’s computer with nothing to do but complain about something you never contribute to. What was the last post you made that had something helpful in it. I thought so ! You haven't made any!

My website is full of useful information for MXers and FMXers, I get 1500 - 2000 hits a day, and a post on a forum is not going to make a bit of difference to my hit count.

I have never been banned from any forums, so u must have me confused with a post from your other frequently visited forum "males seeking dominant males".

For the rest of us, FMF has a jetting spec chart up and it includes the 426 and 250f's
http://www.fmfracing...ttingyamaha.htm

Lata
Smitty

------------------
Hold it Wide... http://www.fastbydesign.com

[This message has been edited by smitty33 (edited 12-14-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Muroc

Posted December 14, 2000 - 08:58 AM

Nice try kid, but I have bikes older than you and I know for a fact that DRN booted you for spamming. Like I said earlier, Bryan is a nice, incredibly tolerant guy so it's unlikely you'll meet the same fate here.
I contribute when I think I have something to add. It's funny when I go back and review your past posts, I notice a distinct trend in them. Most of them seem to be "come to my site and check this out posts". Strange. My reason behind this thread is a concern for a great place like TT getting muddied by your type. If I'm the minority opinion here than good for you, but having seen your posts here and on DRN it's obvious what your agenda is :)

If Bryan is cool with this then I guess you're good to go. I'll just take the high road and ignore any thread you start.

• smitty33

Posted December 14, 2000 - 10:16 PM

Well its good to know you learned a new word this week, S-P-A-M

and WOW you can even spell it!
now if you just new what it meant...

At least something beneficial has come from
this stupidity, I know you won't be reading any of my post's, now you can spend more time complaining about something or someone else, it's obviously what you do best.

Why don't you get off your fat lazy a$$ and go ride, and while your riding get someone to take a picture, that way we'll all believe you at least have a bike. True it is older than me i think I saw it when I drove by your trailer park.

As far as TT getting "muddied" by me, take a look in the mirror clown, people respond with positive comments to my posts, unlike anything you have posted, but I guess this is really the only way you can get attention, to wine like a little BABY !

------------------
Hold it Wide...

• Rich_Rohrich

Posted December 14, 2000 - 11:05 AM

Well I guess you guys now know why we booted this annoying little spammer off of DRN.

He's all yours Bryan :)

Rich Rohrich

[This message has been edited by Rich Rohrich (edited 12-15-2000).]

• 4banger

Posted December 15, 2000 - 10:53 PM

I was going to look at his page, but decided not to after his little tantrum. I don't need graphics that bad.

• yzman

Posted December 17, 2000 - 06:17 PM

I never got a email from him trying to sell me something. That is what spam is unsolicited email trying to sell product. I don't see anyhting for sale if you want to click the link then click it if not then don't

• MXOldtimer

Posted December 17, 2000 - 07:44 PM

Well I think he has a really good site, he list links to other site up front and has some really interesting info / stories. I dont feel it was spam, he wasn't selling just passing some info. I feel the spam attack wasn't fare but then his heated outburst was right either. Either way I'm going to order some of those fork skins I think they're cool looking.

Doug

• smitty33

Posted December 18, 2000 - 06:18 AM

OK guys I want to make things right!

Looking back, I guess I went a little overboard in my replies to Murdoc.
I cant help but get pissed when someone posts untrue comments about me or my site.

Thanks for the props MXOldtimer, glad u like the fork jacketz, now if my post was on that product it might be considered spam!

I don't work for or get money from DECAL WORKS, I was passing on info about a product that I use on my YZ 426, made for the yz 426, and that makes applying our numbers and backgrounds alot easier.

Murdoc lets move on...
My posts will be marked from Smitty33
So if you don't want to, don't read them.
No Problem.

But as long as I get positive feedback, like from MXOldtimer, YZThumpa and yzman I'm gonna keep postin. OK?

No hard feelings!

Hold it Wide...
Smitty

------------------
Hold it Wide...

• smitty33

Posted December 18, 2000 - 06:18 AM

OK guys I want to make things right!

Looking back, I guess I went a little overboard in my replies to Murdoc.
I cant help but get pissed when someone posts untrue comments about me or my site.

Thanks for the props MXOldtimer, glad u like the fork jacketz, now if my post was on that product it might be considered spam!

I don't work for or get money from DECAL WORKS, I was passing on info about a product that I use on my YZ 426, made for the yz 426, and that makes applying our numbers and backgrounds alot easier.

Murdoc lets move on...
My posts will be marked from Smitty33
So if you don't want to, don't read them.
No Problem.

But as long as I get positive feedback, like from MXOldtimer, YZThumpa and yzman I'm gonna keep postin. OK?

No hard feelings!

Hold it Wide...
Smitty

------------------
Hold it Wide...

• smitty33

Posted December 18, 2000 - 06:19 AM

Any one tried the 01 ti valves on the 00 ?

[This message has been edited by smitty33 (edited 12-18-2000).]

• dirtdad

Posted December 18, 2000 - 08:01 AM

Smitty (or anyone who cares to pay attention)
Since joining this site, the one redeeming quality I've taken from it is the sharing of info, experience, and knowledge with the big YZ. For those of us who have been out of the sport for a long time, much of this info is very beneficial. All I see in smitty's post is some information on products that I (and probably many other readers) was not aware of. I read just about every dirt bike mag published and a few of the items I had never heard of before.
Just my two cents.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.