JR 50 Oil Change Question

3 replies to this topic
  • smokey55

Posted March 02, 2010 - 09:58 PM

Hi - Just picked up a 2001 JR50 and had a quick question about changing the oil in the transmission. Local Suzuki shop told me to put 10W 40 but I have a question about how much oil I am supposed to add? There is no dipstick just a fill hole on the top.

Also does anyone know if the 2001 has any of the emissions stuff that you need to remove to open it up a bit?

Thanks in advance.

• crazy frenchMan

Posted March 04, 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hi - Just picked up a 2001 JR50 and had a quick question about changing the oil in the transmission. Local Suzuki shop told me to put 10W 40 but I have a question about how much oil I am supposed to add? There is no dipstick just a fill hole on the top.

Also does anyone know if the 2001 has any of the emissions stuff that you need to remove to open it up a bit?

Thanks in advance.

450 ml 10-40w
Under the carb intake "pipe" there is a restrictor remove it.
Remove the carb float blow and remove the pilot jet there are two in the same hole remove the bottom one and throw it away and reinstall the top jet.
Just doing these two things will make a big difference.
we had a 01 JR-50 as well

• 1badshovel

Posted March 04, 2010 - 07:46 PM

There is also a washer in the muffler were it connects to the engine take it out this will help also. As far as oil 10w30 works as well there is a screw right below the filler cap all by it self take it out then fill until it comes out than reinstall screw that should do it.

• smokey55

Posted March 05, 2010 - 07:43 PM

Thanks a lot guys really appreciate the help. So far seems like a neat little bike for the money.

Cheers

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.