hotcams opinions?

1 reply to this topic
  • thmlrmg

Posted March 02, 2010 - 04:26 PM

I have an 08 yz450f and was thinking about adding a set of stage 1 hotcams and was wondering what the opinions on here was about hotcams? Are they worth the money or not?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted March 02, 2010 - 08:56 PM

I have an 08 yz450f and was thinking about adding a set of stage 1 hotcams and was wondering what the opinions on here was about hotcams? Are they worth the money or not?

from what i have experienced and read, cams (especially hotcams stage 1s) are a waste of money UNLESS you do some head work (port and polish) with them. Stage 1s require no spring changes or anything. To me this means that they will make no real horsepower. I had stage 1s on a crf 80 i used to have and the only difference they made was the amount of compression i felt at the kickstarter. I felt no added performance and to be quite honest was pissed that I wasted the $250. The pipe that i put on made more power than the cams. So the only way cams will make you happy is if you go with a wild grind that causes you to upgrade springs and such along with doing some headwork. In my opinion save your money for a pipe, it will make more power and will not feel like wasted money.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.