F2 Racing Air Screw O-Ring

3 replies to this topic
  • wondermuscle

Posted March 02, 2010 - 08:23 AM

Can someone mearusre their F2 air screw o-ring for me? The o-ring that seals the shaft of the screw to the carb. Not the one that is super tiny at the tip of the screw. I know you don't really need it, but would give me some piece of mind.

The F2 air screw that came with my bike did not have an o-ring. I would like to order one from mcmaster but don't know the size. I am not near the bike to measure one or can I find the correct size since F2 has evaporated.

Much appreciated gang. :thumbsup:

• William1

Posted March 02, 2010 - 09:56 AM

It is the same oring.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wondermuscle

Posted March 02, 2010 - 11:46 AM

It is the same oring.

Not they are different. The small o-ring at the tip of the fuel screw is very small in comparison to the o-ring that goes on the main shaft of the fuel screw. The oring on the shaft helps keep dirt and crap from getting into that cavity. It also has the added benefit of stabilizing and preventing the fuel screw from backing out.

• William1

Posted March 02, 2010 - 06:14 PM

Then I cannot tell you.

All the fuel screws that have a a groove midshaft I use the same oring on it. I bore the passage in the float bowl (removed of course) with a good 1/4" drill bit, polish the passage with emery cloth and fit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.