2010 pipes

44 replies to this topic
  • delmas

Posted March 01, 2010 - 03:50 PM

what aftermarket pipes can anybody recomend.
also how good did they fit.
I am asking because my GYTR pipe is a terrible fit.So bad it will not mount up.

• norcal_hoss

Posted March 01, 2010 - 04:40 PM

Akropovic
http://www.akrapovic.../yz-450-f-2010/
The fit and finish is top notch. the "Race" system is half ti and half stainless? And not much more than the GYTR.

• honda907

Posted March 01, 2010 - 04:55 PM

what aftermarket pipes can anybody recomend.
also how good did they fit.
I am asking because my GYTR pipe is a terrible fit.So bad it will not mount up.

I know it isn't a Dr D pipe, but they made the pipe. I have used Dr D pipes on my 09 Yamaha, and it fit good except the oil filter area was covered slightly. I think that was because of the pipe being made for a radiator lowering kit.
Anyhow, It was made by Dr D , so you might not like that pipe either.

I just got my 2010 today, and I don't think it really needs a pipe. Well, I didn't actually ride my 2010 yet, but I have ridden two others. It runs really similar to my 09 with a pipe. Just my opinion

• BBrown626

Posted March 01, 2010 - 08:24 PM

I spoke with a guy that put the Dr D on. He is a fast intermediate. He claimed it added power throughout, particularly low and mid. I asked if he reprogrammed the bike and he had not.
I was surprised. The only complaints I have seen about power on this bike are top end and also thought it would be much cheaper to add bottom and mid with the programmer.
How often does the guy that spent $600 for a pipe tell you it did nothing? I'll bet the added bottom and mid was a perceived gain caused by increased sound levels.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 02, 2010 - 05:56 PM

The FMF 4.1 full exhaust I put on mine mounted up flawlessly. No problems what so ever and it sounds sweet. It has a mellow tone while idling but when you crack the throttle it wakes up. Has a growl to it and is not as loud as the DRD on my 06 but when you really open it up it can be somewhat loud.

As far as power I dont know cause I took the stock pipe off before I ever rode the bike. But it hits down low and in the middle in a way to where it is a mellow hit (kinda smooth). I really like it and would recommend it.

• smithjeb

Posted March 02, 2010 - 08:20 PM

just put the carbon dr.d on my bike -'10 yz450f. sounds and feels good. bike hauls so i have no idea if there is more power :thumbsup:

• 95s10nj

Posted March 03, 2010 - 02:32 PM

just put the carbon dr.d on my bike -'10 yz450f. sounds and feels good. bike hauls so i have no idea if there is more power :thumbsup:

Do you have any pics of it installed? I'm trying to decide between the dr d or yoshimura carbon system.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 03, 2010 - 02:51 PM

Here is my FMF 4.1 full exhaust,Titanium

Posted Image

Posted Image

• delmas

Posted March 03, 2010 - 05:44 PM

Here is my FMF 4.1 full exhaust,Titanium

Posted Image

Posted Image

nice pipe

• BBrown626

Posted March 03, 2010 - 06:20 PM

I like those graphics. I hope it isn't still that clean. You need to ride it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted March 03, 2010 - 08:08 PM

They is a little dirt on it now. That pic was taken before I ever rode it or started it.

• honda597

Posted March 03, 2010 - 10:08 PM

Here is mine with the full DRD alloy/stainless system.:thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 03, 2010 - 10:55 PM

How much was that recluse clutch? And do you like it?

• eazrider

Posted March 04, 2010 - 05:22 AM

They is a little dirt on it now. That pic was taken before I ever rode it or started it.

Why in heavens name would you spend big bucks on an after market pipe before you ever rode it..? I'm 'jus sayin'.....

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 04, 2010 - 07:06 AM

Crazy!

• gfmoto

Posted March 04, 2010 - 08:02 PM

Here is mine with the full DRD alloy/stainless system.:thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

do you ever ride that thing?

• cablemonkey334

Posted March 04, 2010 - 08:14 PM

why replace the pipe? simple because he could same thing i did before i even fired it up ,i dumped the stock system.

• norcal_hoss

Posted March 04, 2010 - 09:20 PM

why replace the pipe? simple because he could same thing i did before i even fired it up ,i dumped the stock system. .

A Rekluse EXP?

If so email me.
factoryphoto@gmail.com

Ive rideen the 2010:
Stock
Stock pipe with mapping
Dr D
Dr D with mapping.
I can assure you that a aftermarket pipe broadens the power out. The stock header is fine im sure but the muffler like most yamaha mufflers is muffled up. Ya 99% of us here cant use the full power of the 450 but a slip on or full system def helps with the power spread. With a full system you can go much further in the direction you want with the programmer than you will with the stocker. The pipe alone without mapping it is a hefty difference, mapping it with a system brings out that motor huge. I know the difference between power and "sound" .. The bike lacks huge on the top end, a pipe lets it rev out more than the stock WITH map. Now put a good mid/top end map in there with the exhaust and its a big difference. Plus I like having a SA if I ever go to a few OHV parks in my area that have tracks to ride during the week. Is a exhaust a must? Hell no nothing is a must does it do good to the power hell yes it does. If the pipe didnt do anything I would be the first to say "no its a waste of freakin money" but it did plain and simple.

• honda597

Posted March 04, 2010 - 10:40 PM

I bought the Rekluse Core EXP through ThumperTalk.$869US i paid for it.
I would rate it as the best mod i have done to the bike so far.
If you didnt know it had one, you would not pick it.
Everyone who has ridden my bike loves it, some of whom have ridden it and did not even realise it had the EXP in it.:thumbsup:

Edited by honda597, March 04, 2010 - 10:41 PM.
Spelling

• motojase316

Posted March 05, 2010 - 04:30 AM

Hey Just installed the Rekluse core EXP to my 2010 yz450f and went for the first moto-session today. the track was deep wet sand and some heavy wet clay. This clutch is super sweet, you can not stall the bike.
I was locking up, skidding turns blasting out the thing is crazy. thought it would take a long time to get used to but I am all over it already. At $1125 au it would want to be good too.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.