Fried Stator?

6 replies to this topic
  • wayneoXCF

Posted May 22, 2003 - 11:59 AM

I just learned my stator is shot. The secondary coil is fried. Anybody out there in TT land have this problem with a WR, or is it just my lousy luck??? Thanks in advance.

• SFO

Posted May 22, 2003 - 02:01 PM

I have seen it happen to yz-f's.
I have one in my collection that is smoked.
It happens, not often.
Sorry to hear about the bad luck.
At least you don't have to split your cases to replace it...

• rockieman

Posted May 22, 2003 - 04:37 PM

Never on my WR...had it happen on my old XR600R. I would call Ricky Stator in Santee, CA.....they did me right. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fastmonstr

Posted May 22, 2003 - 05:59 PM

It happend to me. Just the windings for the headlights.The main power feed for the lights shorted to ground.

I'll have rickystator or someone re-wind it for me sometime in the near future.

• wayneoXCF

Posted May 23, 2003 - 02:25 AM

Thanks guys. The first thing that hit me was getting it fixed/replaced. Yamaha said it was only a week order, and Im waiting on it.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted May 25, 2003 - 07:15 AM

A new stator from Yamaha (~$150) is probably not much more expensive than getting the old one rewound. If it were me I'd just get a new one.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted May 25, 2003 - 07:29 AM

I just looked up the price of a new stator for a 2002 WR426. $204! They've certainly gotten more expensive than the one I bought a couple years ago. I'll bet compared to that a rewind is much cheaper.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.