Comments

2 replies to this topic
  • Skotten

Posted March 01, 2010 - 04:53 AM

Hello people, just wondering if I done the right thing here....

I bought a YZ450F 2010 (still waiting for it to arrive at the shop) I have read loads of reviews, and it seemed like the right choice to make. But after reading some articles here, I am starting to wonder if it is the right choice. The bike seems like a handful.

I have been riding a CRF250f 04 for two years in sand pits, forests, dirt track, and more recently MX tracks (20 times ish) in the snow. Before that I had a CR250R from 1993 for a 8 months and that was my first bike in years. I used to ride trials, trials not trails (I also own a Gas Gas 280 trials bike, which I use most) When I bought the CRF250 I missed that exspolsive two stroke punch, I heard a 450f is like a two stroke 250. I never had problems with hanging onto it. (actually it caught me out once when trying to get over a ditch, but that was because the throttle grip was lose, so when I shut it of, it slipped forward, and when I pulled it one agian I gave it more than I wanted.)

I ride lose sand and wonder if the 2010 450 will be too much too control?? Any ideas??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JandJ07

Posted March 01, 2010 - 11:00 AM

With your previous bike experience I think you will do nothing but love your new bike. I also came from a CR250 to an 01 YZ426F. I don't ever plan to get rid of my 426 the throttle response and power delivery is simply amazing. The only thing I regret is not getting one sooner. Your bike is 9 years newer than mine, hard to imagine how fun thats gonna be. No worries...you will love it and never go back!

• Skotten

Posted March 07, 2010 - 01:06 PM

Its a beast great fun just need to get use to the twichy throttle feeling. I must have made some people laugh this weekend almost bit the dust on the snowy icy track.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.