shedding pounds

4 replies to this topic
  • bleedblue

Posted May 22, 2003 - 09:22 AM

I have a bunch of motocross races coming up and would like to remove the starter, battery, etc... Any advice on the easiest way to go about it would be great. I have already looked in the wiring bundles when I removed the wires from the clutch and would prefer not to mess with too much wiring if possible. :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 22, 2003 - 09:26 AM

Last Months MXA had an article on converting the WR ionto an MX ready machine.

Might want to get that from them

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted May 22, 2003 - 12:14 PM

Last Months MXA had an article on converting the WR ionto an MX ready machine.

Might want to get that from them

They left the battery and starter on.

• NOMADAK

Posted May 22, 2003 - 07:46 PM

Once the jetting is dialed, you could loose an easy pound by taking off the kickstarter. In your signature, sounds like you already discarded the kickstand and by going to a regular number plate up front, putting aside the headlight combo for non-mx use, you saved some more weight. Did you remove the odometer as well? After moving to aluminum sprockets (wear like butter with this much HP) and non-O-ring chains, I think things get rather pricey in the loosing weight department. Any other ideas in here, fellas?

• bayou450

Posted May 23, 2003 - 03:53 AM

If your willing to spend a few coins, Yamaha has their titanium & carbon fiber parts list you could go to. From bolt kits to subframe to guards.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.