Anyone think we should have a 426 (or 450) only Forum? *DELETED*

22 replies to this topic
  • Machster

Posted May 25, 2003 - 11:38 AM

Yamakaze,

I would have to agree totally about having the nads to make it work. Out of the box, my 450 was a joke. I was disapointed about the power, and how corked up it was. But after makin the mods, adding a few other goodies, it runs like a raped ape. The only other thing I want to find is a decent tire setup for the beast. The stock rubber sucks!.
I think that is the final piece of the puzzle(until some other trick go fast part comes out) Until then, I will ride it like I stole it!

Machster
"Live well...ride free" :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 96warrior

Posted May 25, 2003 - 08:46 PM

Sorry if some of us new guys can be annoying. I took a hint and started using the search. Found most of the info I was looking for.

• beezer

Posted May 26, 2003 - 03:04 AM

Don't worry about being annoying I never do!

There had to be a reason why Yamaha put such lean jetting in the 450. They had to know when they shipped them they were wrong. But in the grand scheme of things 1 hour spent pulling a wire and swapping brass is not a big deal.

Last week at the open practice at the local MX I got passed by some little pizz-ant on an 80. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. I settled for a Heinekin and a cigar.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.