front wheel

5 replies to this topic
  • ewd199

Posted February 28, 2010 - 08:55 AM

Can someone tell me if there is supposed to be any play in the front wheel from left to right? On my yz, you can wiggle it about a quarter of an inch from left to right. Is this to much play or should there be no play at all? Should I look into to buying new wheel barrings? Thanks

• KJ790

Posted February 28, 2010 - 10:19 AM

You've got a problem. Find out where the play is coming from, it might be bad bearings.

• jmg343

Posted February 28, 2010 - 10:20 AM

you need new bearings

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JandJ07

Posted February 28, 2010 - 04:44 PM

Any free play is a bad thing. Check your spokes as well as your bearings.

• grayracer513

Posted February 28, 2010 - 09:24 PM

Any free play is a bad thing.

Not true. A brand new bearing that size will have up to .0015" clearance, which means the pair of them will rock on the axle a total of .003", brand new. Since the rim is over 3 times as far from the bearings as they are from each other, this will end up being about .010" at the rim with the tightest new bearings.

• JandJ07

Posted March 01, 2010 - 08:47 AM

Great to know...didn't mean to mislead.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.