IMS tank w/cross over line

2 replies to this topic
  • Singletrak

Posted February 28, 2010 - 08:07 AM

I have an IMS tank with the cross over line. I need input on what to do with the cross over line, I am not happy with the how close it is to the exhaust pipe. It is also a pain in the *#$% to remove the tank. How many of you have plugged the cross over fittings off? What have you used to plug them?
Disadvantages for this set-up?

Any tips for the existing set-up with the cross over line?

Thanks,

Singletrak

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • squid

Posted February 28, 2010 - 10:34 AM

I have that same tank , I do use the cross over tube but i used a clamp to hold the hose close to the head . I also epoxied the fitting into the tank they always seemed loose and leaked a bit .

• Parx_400

Posted February 28, 2010 - 03:21 PM

Only disadvantage is you have to lean the bike over to get the gas to the other side of the tank. Mine keeps leaking so I'm going to block it off as well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.