Carb Air Leak

3 replies to this topic
  • critter

Posted May 21, 2003 - 03:06 PM

My 02 Wr 426 is in the shop with what the mechanics are saying is a air leak that is a little hard to find. Everything has been gone over and checks out :)
Has anyone had a weird air leak in the carb area ??? It wont idle and when you hit the throttle it bogs. Any suggestions ??? YZ timed , BK'd@.5, no lid, Big Gun Race.
I'm freakin stumped...

• sabin

Posted May 21, 2003 - 09:22 PM

I remember some isues with the spacer on the clamps being too big and not letting the clams to tighten enough...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • critter

Posted May 22, 2003 - 12:27 AM

Now that you mention that, I remember hearing something about the spacers. I'll drop a line to the shop and mention that. Thanks Sabin

• gottaroost

Posted May 22, 2003 - 06:49 PM

Removing the spacers completely took care of all my issues with too much air.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.