• delmas

Posted February 26, 2010 - 06:46 PM

picking up my 2010 saturday mourning.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 26, 2010 - 07:13 PM

All right:banana: Way da go!!!!!:thumbsup:

• BBrown626

Posted February 26, 2010 - 08:48 PM

I went riding yesterday. First real ride since breaking it in. The most fun I ever had on a bike! I can't wait to race it. It really does handle well and the power is fantastic.
I recommend you ditch the MX helmet and wear a half helmet for the first few rides if you have one. There is no way to fit such a big smile in an MX helmet!

• motojase316

Posted February 27, 2010 - 05:16 AM

picking up my 2010 saturday mourning.

Nice, You will be Super pumped!!!

• Joe105

Posted February 27, 2010 - 05:30 AM

post some pics ASAP

• delmas

Posted February 27, 2010 - 01:57 PM

All right:banana: Way da go!!!!!:thumbsup:

do you use 10 - 40 as recomended or can I use up some 20- 50 I have.
The oil drain bolt is a pain to get to.
I guess I won't be using a torque wrench on that one.
I will get to break it in Sunday.It really shifts smooth.
this is going to be a fun bike .
If anyone near Byron ga. needs a new bike byron Yamaha has a white one not sold yet.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 27, 2010 - 02:10 PM

do you use 10 - 40 as recomended or can I use up some 20- 50 I have.
The oil drain bolt is a pain to get to.
I guess I won't be using a torque wrench on that one.
I will get to break it in Sunday.It really shifts smooth.
this is going to be a fun bike .
If anyone near Byron ga. needs a new bike byron Yamaha has a white one not sold yet.

I use the 10-40 cause it supports the temps I ride in. it wouldnt hurt to use the 20-50 ,it just has a lower and higher temp.

You can use a torque wrench but you will need a small tool and I have two of them. One is a 12mm and the other is a 14mm. all they are is a stubby short wrench about 3 inches long and at one end there is a square notch cut in it.

the notch is for a torque wrench to snap in to it(like a extension to a rachet)

Here are the wrench torque adapters.

http://pitposse.com/potowrad.html
Those stubby wrenchs are for tight spaces where a torque wrench wont fit.

• BBrown626

Posted February 27, 2010 - 03:33 PM

I use the 10-40 cause it supports the temps I ride in. it wouldnt hurt to use the 20-50 ,it just has a lower and higher temp.

You can use a torque wrench but you will need a small tool and I have two of them. One is a 12mm and the other is a 14mm. all they are is a stubby short wrench about 3 inches long and at one end there is a square notch cut in it.

Motion Pro makes one with a 12 and 14 on a single wrench. You can pick them up at a lot of on-line stores. They are most often used for 2-stroke cylinder nuts since they are back in areas you can't get the head of a torque wrench.

• delmas

Posted February 27, 2010 - 05:26 PM

thanks

• grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2010 - 08:41 PM

20w-50 does not have a lower temperature range than 10w-40. Quite the opposite in fact. 10w-40 is good down to 14 ℉, whereas 20w-50 is not recommended below 40 ℉. Likewise at the high end, 40wt is adequate up to 114 ℉, while 50wt protects up to 125 ℉ or so. In Florida, 20w-50 is probably OK year round, as it would be here. I use 10w-40 October through June, however, as I prefer a lighter oil for it's more rapid circulation, and it really is also adequate for any temperature I'm apt to ride in. The heavier oil in the hotter months I think adds a little more protection for the transmission and the main bearings, so I use it July-September.

When using torque adapters, be sure to attach them at right angles to the torque wrench so that the wrench reads accurately.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scrubba

Posted February 27, 2010 - 10:13 PM

who needs a tork wrench for a oil drain plug?

• delmas

Posted February 28, 2010 - 05:32 AM

20w-50 does not have a lower temperature range than 10w-40. Quite the opposite in fact. 10w-40 is good down to 14 ℉, whereas 20w-50 is not recommended below 40 ℉. Likewise at the high end, 40wt is adequate up to 114 ℉, while 50wt protects up to 125 ℉ or so. In Florida, 20w-50 is probably OK year round, as it would be here. I use 10w-40 October through June, however, as I prefer a lighter oil for it's more rapid circulation, and it really is also adequate for any temperature I'm apt to ride in. The heavier oil in the hotter months I think adds a little more protection for the transmission and the main bearings, so I use it July-September.

When using torque adapters, be sure to attach them at right angles to the torque wrench so that the wrench reads accurately.

thank for the tips I wondered about the adapter

• Solid State

Posted March 01, 2010 - 04:14 PM

Apparently some folks do!

• ktm200xc 457racer

Posted March 01, 2010 - 04:19 PM

people who dont want to strip the threads in there CASE!!!!:thumbsup:

• ZéPovinho

Posted March 01, 2010 - 04:21 PM

Just all the guys who have stripped them...

• grayracer513

Posted March 01, 2010 - 05:47 PM

I don't know of a good way to say this, but I never use one for stuff like that. Mine don't fall out, and mine don't strip. :thumbsup:

It's something you learn.

• delmas

Posted March 01, 2010 - 05:57 PM

I don't know of a good way to say this, but I never use one for stuff like that. Mine don't fall out, and mine don't strip. :thumbsup:

If you have any experince at all in mechanics you won't strip it.
If you can put a torque wrench on it why not.it can't hurt.

• delmas

Posted March 01, 2010 - 06:00 PM

do you use a torgue wrench on you triple clamp pinch bolts?

• norcal_hoss

Posted March 01, 2010 - 06:03 PM

do you use a torgue wrench on you triple clamp pinch bolts?

I do always , same with linkage. But not on a drain plug .

• delmas

Posted March 01, 2010 - 06:06 PM

I do always , same with linkage. But not on a drain plug .

i always use it on pinch bolts.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.