Help an idiot with fork/shock questions

1 reply to this topic
  • rwhitlock

Posted April 04, 2001 - 08:06 AM

I admit, I have never, repeat, never changed any fork or shock settings on any of my bikes... I have just put up with how the bike rode.. until now.

I tip the scales at 205lbs (without riding gear) and I am doing a more agressive riding now a days. I am doing some small jumping, mainly table top style, and only jump in the 20' range. The suspension seems a little too soft.

My questions are these:

1. Can I simply change the compression / rebound on my forks and shock or do I need to have them totally redone?

2. Can I change compression without changing rebound?

3. What would be a good starting point.. 2 clicks out, 3 clicks out?

4. Is there a web site that will teach an idiot (me) the differences between compression, rebound, damping, oil levels, etc..

Thanks for helping.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted April 04, 2001 - 11:11 AM

Look under Links, and find MX-Tech websight.

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.