'99 YZ400 white tank

6 replies to this topic
  • Shawbridge Husky

Posted December 09, 2000 - 12:22 PM

I recently bought a used '99 YZ400 and am planing a complete disassembly over the winter. I will be adding a WB header pipe and E-series silencer as well as new sprockets / chain ( 14/52? ). The bike will be set-up for motocross. I may open up the top end to check things out and will definetly do the CW locktite thing as it is noisy and at first thought it was top end. Bike has lots of compression and does not smoke at all so judging from other posts I am guessing CW. I will be powder coating the frame black and yes will take the greatest precautions in keeping sandblasting / paint out of frame. Will use plugs to seal and will rinse out with varsol as a precaution after curing. My question is where can I find a stock sized tank in white? I do not want a large tank if it can be avoided. I am setting up the bike white as the plastics are worn and I love the Euro look. The grahpics kits out there ( Slik and One ) seem to do an O.K. job of hiding blue, but the tank is just that, blue. Seems like a dumb gripe but being a perfectionist a matching tank would make sense. :)

• Sandracer_uk

Posted January 24, 2001 - 12:07 AM

still need that white tank?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 24, 2001 - 03:37 AM

Do you want to sell the blue one?

Nick

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawbridge Husky

Posted January 24, 2001 - 05:24 AM

Thanks guys! I stayed blue after all. Used original '99 Ceet graphics with black gripper. Looks awesome.

• scottzx7rr

Posted January 24, 2001 - 11:05 AM

If you ever decide to go white Clarke sells the oversized tank(3.3Gal) that fits the YZ seat. I have it on mine and love it. It comes in various colors from Red to Kawasaki Green. So keep that in mind. Here is the link to the listing for the tank.
http://www.clarkemfg...ory_Code=yamaha

------------------
Scott #431
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"
Pics

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 27, 2001 - 03:09 PM

Hughe
ever think about the clarke Natural colored tank?
I think that they look awesome with the blue and makes it very easy to see how much gas and pour gas w/o spilling onto your @#%&s!!!
I think there is a pix of one on this site.
It looks very TOUGH.
G4 http://www.thumperta...res/yz42604.jpg

there it is............LOL

------------------
ride BLUE

[This message has been edited by g4racing (edited 01-27-2001).]

• scottzx7rr

Posted January 29, 2001 - 05:45 AM

Hey G4 I agree with ya. I have the Clarke Natural on my YZ and love it. I can ride two to three loops on a tank(30-50miles) on a tank where in the past on my KX I would have to put fuel in after each loop. It did take a little to get used to seeing the gas splash around in the tank. But what I love the most is not loosing the YZ seat profile. Makes getting up the front very easy.

------------------
Scott #431
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"
Pics

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.