Sunline Axle Blocks For 01 426

11 replies to this topic
  • 426 NOOB

Posted February 25, 2010 - 12:41 PM

I am a bit confused. I have read that the axle blocks for an 01 are different than 02 and up but sunlines website shows the same part number for 01-08 YZF's. Does anybody have these on a 426? Or will they not fit.

• grayracer513

Posted February 25, 2010 - 01:38 PM

I know for a fact the '01 axle blocks won't fit an '06.

• 426 NOOB

Posted February 25, 2010 - 01:46 PM

I know for a fact the '01 axle blocks won't fit an '06.

ok, i kinda figured that they were wrong. Does anybody make blocks for an 01 besides pro circuit, I have searched with no avail? and are the p/c ones reversible, they look like it but havent found anything stating they are.

• cowboyona426

Posted February 25, 2010 - 01:49 PM

I could be wrong here, but I think the axle blocks changed in 02. 00-01 should be same. I had a set of GYT-R axle blocks on my old 00 but I would be surprised if Yamaha still offered them.

• 426 NOOB

Posted February 25, 2010 - 01:57 PM

I could be wrong here, but I think the axle blocks changed in 02. 00-01 should be same. I had a set of GYT-R axle blocks on my old 00 but I would be surprised if Yamaha still offered them.

yeah, that was my second choice(as i read your review on them), those bas***** dont carry them for anything older than 02. Im gonna email sunline and have them change their part numbers. If there are no others available i may just go with the pro circuits.

• cowboyona426

Posted February 25, 2010 - 02:47 PM

yeah, that was my second choice(as i read your review on them), those bas***** dont carry them for anything older than 02. Im gonna email sunline and have them change their part numbers. If there are no others available i may just go with the pro circuits.

Have you checked to see if Works Connection offers them? I just picked up a set for my 06 and they look slicker than snot. Pit Posse, Outlaw perhaps? (check Motosport and Rocky Mountain if you haven't already)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted February 25, 2010 - 04:45 PM

Have you checked to see if Works Connection offers them? I just picked up a set for my 06 and they look slicker than snot. Pit Posse, Outlaw perhaps? (check Motosport and Rocky Mountain if you haven't already)

yeah, ive checked tt, rm, denniskirk, motosport, and a few others. Works connection only offers them from 02 up. But oh well. I guess there isnt much demand.

• Jim813

Posted February 25, 2010 - 05:55 PM

Why don't you order some axle blocks from FTD? They stay in place when you remove the rear axle and actually have accurate aligning marks. If they don't have them for your bike they may even make them for you:thumbsup:

http://ftdproducts.com/

• s14 2510s

Posted February 26, 2010 - 04:02 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

• rn103

Posted February 28, 2010 - 10:08 PM

I would avoid the Pro Circuit Axle Blocks. I bought a set of those for my 06 YZ450F and not happy with them at all.

1. The sprocket side bent-in/failed right where the flat spot of the axle end stops against them when I tightened the axle up. This did not occur after years of abuse oh no...it happened the very first time I installed them and I alwyas tighten things TO SPEC with my quality clicker torque wrench.

2. The disc side should have a machined/recessed area where the washer sits. It is too fat and the end of the nut (where the locking tabs are) barely catches on the threads.

Shame on Pro Circuit for these. For being such a huge company, I am completely let down. Go figure I bought two sets at the same time...the other for my YZ250. Haven't even installed those, I'll keep the OEM ones on thank you very much.

• 426 NOOB

Posted February 28, 2010 - 10:12 PM

I would avoid the Pro Circuit Axle Blocks. I bought a set of those for my 06 YZ450F and not happy with them at all.

1. The sprocket side bent-in/failed right where the flat spot of the axle end stops against them when I tightened the axle up. This did not occur after years of abuse oh no...it happened the very first time I installed them and I alwyas tighten things TO SPEC with my quality clicker torque wrench.

2. The disc side should have a machined/recessed area where the washer sits. It is too fat and the end of the nut (where the locking tabs are) barely catches on the threads.

Shame on Pro Circuit for these. For being such a huge company, I am completely let down. Go figure I bought two sets at the same time...the other for my YZ250. Haven't even installed those, I'll keep the OEM ones on thank you very much.

crap, i just ordered a set a few days ago. I think I may try them though as i read good things about them in other forums. I will post my findings.

• Birdy426

Posted March 01, 2010 - 05:29 PM

Anderson Automatics in Minnesota makes some nice stuff. reasonably priced and good quality. Check 'em out on e-bay

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.