- - - - -

Odes mcf 450 r

• Please sign in to reply

11 replies to this topic
  • Tony222

TT Member

52 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:41 AM

There has to be some owners out somewhere. I would like to know how good they are. I spoke to a guy who has done 30 hrs on his and loves it. The steel inlet valves are supposed to last longer and ( unlike the crfx it is based on) its supposed to keep the battery charged on its own. He had the carby modified to stop the bogging problem and the suspension tuned. He has ridden a lot of bikes and says its on par with performance.

At $7500 in aus i would be willing to try one. I could have the suspension tuned and fit a system for well under the price of a new jap bike. First hand experience would be great but would like to hear opinion also.

Thanks.

• cr 250

TT Silver Member

618 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:20 AM

there was article about in australasian dirt bike magazine a while back saying that it had a big bogging problem when doing jumps and that it doesnt produce as much power as the other 450s

but they said as a trail bike it would be excellent and it felt right at home

parts might be a issue though

• StUkAx

TT Member

89 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:54 AM

Here is a video of the asiawing, the same bike.
In my country is imported by jawa

• 500XC

TT Gold Member

1,305 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

there was article about in australasian dirt bike magazine a while back saying that it had a big bogging problem when doing jumps and that it doesnt produce as much power as the other 450s

but they said as a trail bike it would be excellent and it felt right at home

parts might be a issue though

Prolly cause it's got a Mik pumper instead of a FCR

I rode a 2003 TC250 with a Mikuni carb on it, and bogged it much harder than a stock 04 CRF250X a year later. The owner of the TC put a FCR39 on it, and it seemed to solve the problem.

• Tony222

TT Member

52 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

I was told that the honda parts are completely interchangable, so that would solve the parts issue. An fcr is an optional extra over here as well. As soon as i can afford to lash out on a new machine im spending 7 grand instead of 13!

• StUkAx

TT Member

89 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

I was told that the honda parts are completely interchangable, so that would solve the parts issue. An fcr is an optional extra over here as well. As soon as i can afford to lash out on a new machine im spending 7 grand instead of 13!

Yes, it has a CRF X engine

• raysa

TT Newbie

4 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

has anyone ridden theses things yet , im very interested , they also have a motard version i wouldnt mind trying out
  • jimshoes likes this

• TomR

TT Bronze Member

261 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:20 AM

I saw one at Ferntree Gully. 41mm Ohlins forks, 40mm CV carb. Quality looks superior to the honda. Sells for AUS $7000.

• StUkAx

TT Member

89 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

there is a project here in my country with this bike...
they are testing it since last year, and now they changed more than 50 items of the original asiawing.
the bike should be finally done in abouth 2 months.

here you have some more info:
http://www.facebook....33417372?ref=ts

• 101power

TT Newbie

6 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

In our country ([COLOR="Red"]ARGENTINA[/COLOR]) is the trademark ([COLOR="Red"]BACKFIRE RACING[/COLOR]) very professional.
Representing the new line >>>[COLOR="Red"]BXF450[/COLOR]<<<.
Here you can see the video presentation.

• 101power

TT Newbie

6 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:59 PM

Details of the link of the facebook TRADEMARK [COLOR="black"]([COLOR="Red"]BACKFIRE MOTOR COMPANY ARGENTINA[/COLOR])[/COLOR]
http://www.facebook....emotorargentina

• jimshoes

TT Newbie

3 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:44 AM

I got one 2010 model love it's dun 45 hours no problem with it yet just as good as wr the new ones have honda carburettor's and starter motor cheep and good fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.