99 Carb issue

2 replies to this topic
  • dh_dave

Posted February 24, 2010 - 10:42 PM

I've got a 99 wr400 that sat for about 6 months. I took the carb apart and cleaned it with carb cleaner. It now has an issue that as soon as I try to start it, it immediatly floods. It seems that as soon as the engine pulls a vacume on the carb, the carb pours a bunch of gas into the engine. Just wondering If any body has any ideas??

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • paolo h

Posted February 24, 2010 - 10:48 PM

sorry ,dont know if this helps .i read somewhere in here that you are not suposed to use carb cleaner on fcr carbs witch belive you have.

• tcmII

Posted February 26, 2010 - 09:39 PM

Check the float/needle and seat. The float can get hung up when you put it back together. Make sure that the height is set properly. If it's set to high it will flood and foul plugs. Another possibility is the carb cleaner eat the rubber tip on the needle keeping it from sealing properly.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.