06 yz450f Bent Head Pipe touching Cylinder

1 reply to this topic
  • crfrookie

Posted February 24, 2010 - 06:42 PM

Had a good crash during the last ice race. After finishing the race I noticed my head pipe was bent in and touching the cylinder. I did not notice any openings or holes just that the pipe was touching the cylinder wall. It also looks like it pulled away from where the exhaust meets the head pipe, distance looks to be about an inch or so. I am guessing this is not good for the bike and I would like to fix this. Do I need to buy a new header or is there a way to bent it back without causing it to break?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha_rider911

Posted February 20, 2011 - 04:27 PM

I have the same problem right now although I didn't notice mine as quickly. On mine it has started to etch the cylinder head out slighly. Titanium is that nice to bent either. I tried a few things but it seems like my angles still don't look factory and now my kick starter touches the exhaust. Just wondering what you ended up doing?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.