WILL A 400/426 PIPE FIT ONTO A WR450

3 replies to this topic
  • michaeltrundle

Posted May 21, 2003 - 04:07 AM

Can someone tell me if I can bolt a Wr400/426 pipe straight onto a WR450 or are the mounting points and header dimensions different.
I'm looking at upgrading and would like to keep my "BILL'S" pipe if it will swap straight over.

• TooFast

Posted May 21, 2003 - 06:45 AM

Everything fits and bolts up with one exception - the pipe mount right behind the clamp doesn't line up with the subframe mounting tab. Nothing a welder can't fix

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beta_Man

Posted May 21, 2003 - 08:41 AM

if the subframe bolt hole was sloted like it is on the 426's it would bolt right onto the 450. i got a yz 450 pipe on my wr 450 and it was a perfect fit.

• Desracer

Posted May 21, 2003 - 07:59 PM

Got a welder? I put a YZ 250 f pipe on my 450. The rear mounting hole on the can lines up and the pipe where it meets the header needs to be bigger. The welder part is for the subframe mount. Cut the mount off the pipe and move it forward about a 1/2 inch and reweld. This pipe gives the 450 more power while being very smooth, plus it weighs 3lbs less than stock.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.