What brand of gaskets?

4 replies to this topic
  • Daaaan

Posted February 24, 2010 - 11:09 AM

I need a new set of gaskets. Which brand do you reccomend? Will Moose do the job for the casual rider?

Thanks

• motodiver13

Posted February 24, 2010 - 11:55 AM

I just bought a complete Moose set w/ seals. Havn't assembled yet but there is no part# listing for seals/o-rings so its going to be fun... figureing out where they all go

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ebola

Posted February 24, 2010 - 12:05 PM

I bought the same kit and it doesn't come with all O-rings and gaskets. didn't even have the O-rings to change the oil filter. I know that's off topic, but just to let you know about the kit. The quality doesn't seem that bad. Not sure if I would use a Moose Head gasket over OEM though.

• wondermuscle

Posted February 24, 2010 - 02:52 PM

I bought the same kit and it doesn't come with all O-rings and gaskets. didn't even have the O-rings to change the oil filter. I know that's off topic, but just to let you know about the kit. The quality doesn't seem that bad. Not sure if I would use a Moose Head gasket over OEM though.

I go with cometic. Never had a problem. Thay also make overbore sizes for head gaskets and such.

http://www.cometic.com/

• Daaaan

Posted February 24, 2010 - 11:48 PM

Only problem with Cometic is, they only have a "Top end" kit available for my bike (i have the stock bore), and that only contains head and base gaskets.

I need the third gasket ( don't know what it's name is in english :thumbsup: ) in order to properly seal my cylinder - i think my gaskets weren't changed since 1998...they were stuck to the metal, had to scrape them off with a razor :ride:)

If you know any other brand of gaskets which has at least all the three gaskets or more, and is available for my bike, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.