Cylinder head breather hose (WR400)

4 replies to this topic
  • Rea666

Posted February 24, 2010 - 11:04 AM

Hi all,
I dont know much about the engines and motrobikes and I just started riding offroad, so maybe this is gonna be stupid question for most of you...
Where supposed to go other end of Cylinder head breather hose, one is connected on top of the engine and where should be the other one...
Thanks a lot!

PS: And sorry for my english but hopefully you can understand me.

• RichFZR-WR

Posted February 24, 2010 - 01:49 PM

Runs down the left side of the engine and vents just in front (about 4" away) from the gear shifter.
should be a couple of brackets mounted on the way down to secure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rea666

Posted February 24, 2010 - 02:15 PM

Runs down the left side of the engine and vents just in front (about 4" away) from the gear shifter.
should be a couple of brackets mounted on the way down to secure.

I havent got any brackets there...
And I red somewhere on this forum it should go to air box?????

• Ebola

Posted February 25, 2010 - 06:51 AM

It shouldn't go to the air box. It should do as Rich said. It's open ended. If you don't have brackets, it's not a big deal. It won't go anywhere without them.

• GCannon

Posted February 25, 2010 - 09:07 AM

It should only go to the air box if you ride through deep water/ river crossings on a regular basis and need to the protect the breather form being submerged when the engine stops running.

Historically people here have had problems when their bike stops running in a stream crossing and they attempt to restart the engine with the breather hose submerged. some water may enter the engine through the valve cover.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.