What is the stock WR450 handlebar specifications?

4 replies to this topic
  • basicblues

Posted May 20, 2003 - 05:21 PM

I am shopping for new handlebars for my WR450 and I wanted to compare the stock handlebar specifications (height,pullback & width) to all the choices available. I am currently looking at Protapers but no dealers here have anything on hand to checkout.

I have just about every type of riding area available, mountains, open fields, tight woods, sand bars near rivers, logging roads, plenty of mud. So I am looking for the best all around choice. The stock bars seem too low to me but that may be my riding style. Suggestions appreciated. :)

• Desracer

Posted May 21, 2003 - 08:05 PM

I put CR hi bends on my 450. Great for sitting and standing. I am five ten tall. I dont think stock bars are listed anywhere, good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Machster

Posted May 22, 2003 - 04:30 AM

I think the smart thing to do is pull your old bars off..(yes..I know it is a chore...) find another dealer who has them and compare them to others. I myself have the pro-taper woods bend. A little higher than stock. I am 6'3 and was pretty hunched on the stock bars. It is going to be a challenge to get the right fit, but once you do, it will make all the difference in the world!

Machster
"Live well...ride free" :)

• sjw

Posted May 22, 2003 - 08:44 AM

cr hi work for me 6" tall .I cut mine to 30 1/2 for woods rideing

• SBG

Posted May 22, 2003 - 01:24 PM

I found the CR-HI to be very similar to the stock bar. I couldn't tell the difference between the two.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.