UFO Rear Guide Rub Block

5 replies to this topic
  • 426 NOOB

Posted February 23, 2010 - 03:03 PM

So my oem rub block finally rubbed through to the guide. The guide is still in good shape so I dont want to spend $70 on a tm guide when it is still okay. Has anybody used the UFO replacement rub block in their stock guide? If so how did it hold up?

• grayracer513

Posted February 23, 2010 - 03:09 PM

TT OEM has the original part for $52 ( 4XM-22199-00-00 )

• KJ790

Posted February 23, 2010 - 03:26 PM

I have used the UFO ones on a few bikes, hold up like the stock one for less than half the cost of a stock one. I can't believe the OEM one is over $50 when I bought the front and rear swingarm guides from UFO for $30 total.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted February 23, 2010 - 11:58 PM

TT OEM has the original part for $52 ( 4XM-22199-00-00 )

yeah i had done a bit of research on the cost of oem, and it just didnt seem like a fair price, when i could get a whole guide for a few bucks more. I usually like going oem for most parts because they do hold up better but i just could not get over the huge price tag for this small piece of polyurethane.

• 426 NOOB

Posted February 23, 2010 - 11:59 PM

I have used the UFO ones on a few bikes, hold up like the stock one for less than half the cost of a stock one. I can't believe the OEM one is over $50 when I bought the front and rear swingarm guides from UFO for $30 total.

awesome, i am glad somebody had used this, when you buy aftermarket, you just never know what you are gonna get. Especially with a high wear area like a slider. Thanks

• krony506

Posted February 24, 2010 - 09:26 AM

With UFO you will get a quality product.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.