• Enduro Chris

Posted February 23, 2010 - 01:35 PM

http://cgi.ebay.de/w...em=250584127938

What caused this?

See pictures included.

chris

• Yamaha8519B

Posted February 23, 2010 - 01:38 PM

Could have been from a broken connecting rod breaking through. It broke weird though, translate the description. Don't buy it.

• Enduro Chris

Posted February 23, 2010 - 01:49 PM

The owner doesn´t know.

I´d just buy it for parts..

chris

• Yamaha8519B

Posted February 23, 2010 - 01:59 PM

I don't think he woke up one morning and found it that way, lol. Its most likely a broken rod. That means the valves, piston, cylinder, crank, cases, and possibly clutch basket and cylinder head are no good. If its really cheap it and you could use or turn a profit on the chassis parts, go for it. I just wouldn't plan on fixing the engine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Parx_400

Posted February 23, 2010 - 04:30 PM

at that price its worth it for the red wheels and clamps. You could part out the rest and make your money back.

• Ebola

Posted February 23, 2010 - 06:38 PM

I'm guessing a side impact to the engine mount in the image. The engine mount looks a little pushed in to me. I'm no professional, but the damage doesn't look like it was done from the inside out. If it were, the broken piece would be bent outward from the impact

Edited by Ebola, February 23, 2010 - 06:39 PM.
more blabbering.

• phynx

Posted February 23, 2010 - 10:19 PM

it broke weird though, translate the description. Don't buy it.

lol!!

• Ebola

Posted February 24, 2010 - 06:36 AM

Or buy it knowing you will have to put a different motor in it or replace the lower end at least.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.