SDG ENTIRE replacement seats for $75.00...

6 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted April 04, 2001 - 02:08 AM

Entire seat! like an IMS but $40.00 cheaper!

At Bob's Cycle, 1-888-310-2627,, out of Saint Paul, Minnesota!

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

• AngryCandy

Posted April 04, 2001 - 03:46 AM

I called SDG yesterday and spoke with the owner about a seat for my yz250f. He said that he had the prototype right there on his desk and it would be in production this month and available by the end of April (within 20 days.)

I did not ask about the WR seats.

I told him there was a huge demand for more comfortable seats for the Yamis...he was aware. Apparently, the guy rides a yz250.

$75 for a more comfortable, great looking seat that shaves a full pound of weight up high sounds unbeatable to me.

• Heywood

Posted April 04, 2001 - 08:53 AM

I won't run any other seat on my mountain bike. They are very high quality, they last longer than any other seat I have had. They are also comfortable (if you can call any mountain bike seat comfortable!).

I can't wait to get one for my WR. I want to wait for some other colors though. All I have seen to date is black. I am sure other colors are coming, you can get their mountain bike seats with flames, metal flake, etc. Plain ol Yamie blue would work for me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BruceWA

Posted April 04, 2001 - 09:14 PM

Placed my order through SDG last month and hope to see it later this month. Bob's price is better than SDG's.

• MotoGreg

Posted April 04, 2001 - 03:02 PM

I picked up an SDG seat off the shelf at a bike shop and was amazed at how light it felt, then I saw it in the new White Bros catalog and it says the yz400 seat is 1.5 pounds lighter than the stock seat!!!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted April 05, 2001 - 06:17 AM

I've been told that they're on back order, I've been waiting 3 weeks now.

• hart

Posted April 06, 2001 - 08:28 AM

I called bob's a few days ago and they said they have been told 3 weeks more than once..
Who knows how long this could take!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.