Officially switched teams ! Pics

27 replies to this topic
  • sro2004

Posted February 24, 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hmm...I didn't consider all the variables. Down here in sandy Florida, doesn't matter if you have 47 hp or 147...you're not gonna get a return on that investment...

In guess in different conditions, it may come in handy (not to mention the bling and better exhaust note).

If you're riding a late model 450F, and you got the skill (and sack) to utilize 3-7 more horsepower... :thumbsup:

Here's mine...I love her...

Posted Image

• husqy360

Posted February 24, 2010 - 04:28 PM

the 09 450 get more traction then my 06 when we drag race. yes the 06 have more "balls" but it dosnt make it any faster, just more fun to ride.

• mediumfast

Posted February 24, 2010 - 06:19 PM

the 09 450 get more traction then my 06 when we drag race. yes the 06 have more "balls" but it dosnt make it any faster, just more fun to ride.

If someone of equal skill is riding the bike with more power you will lose every time. And yes, all other things being equal, more power does mean faster in a drag race. Of course extra power does you no good if you don't know how to use it.

• crf450319

Posted February 24, 2010 - 06:25 PM

Sounds like you still have to break it in with the time on it! Nice buy!!

Thanks, I think $5001 Cdn. out the door (Cdn. tax & exchange in) is a pretty sweet deal & I'm pumped

Hmm...I didn't consider all the variables. Down here in sandy Florida, doesn't matter if you have 47 hp or 147...you're not gonna get a return on that investment...

In guess in different conditions, it may come in handy (not to mention the bling and better exhaust note).

If you're riding a late model 450F, and you got the skill (and sack) to utilize 3-7 more horsepower... :thumbsup:

Here's mine...I love her...

I wanted the white one, if they wouldn't have had the deal on the one I bought I'd have gone with the LE - I love the look of those.

Well up here where it's all hardpack, if you're down 5 rwhp going into the first corner you're gonna notice it - no matter if you're James Stewart or not. I don't care about the bling, I want performance and if Yamaha wouldn't have messed with the can for '08 I'd be leaving the stock unit on the bike. I ran most of last season with a stock system on my '05 CRF & I realized long ago that for the most part my hard earned $$ is better spent on suspension - but from what I'm reading I shouldn't need to re-valve the susp. maybe re-spring (I'm 210lbs without gear) ? But I'll worry about that later.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted February 25, 2010 - 06:44 AM

I disagree, sro2004....in the sand is where more horsepower is KING....jump on a 250f and ride Bostwick, then hop on your 450 and ride it again....you'll be noticeably faster and spend less energy fighting the front end on the 450 due to the extra power (keeps the front end light)...

• sro2004

Posted February 25, 2010 - 10:44 AM

I wanted the white one, if they wouldn't have had the deal on the one I bought I'd have gone with the LE - I love the look of those.

Heck, with all the availability of graphics and aftermarket plastics, you can really do alot with any bike. I like the white but if I had a few hundred to blow, I'd buy the yellow kit. I've seen plenty of the blue YZ's that look sick too. The black rims are pretty cool...but they don't make me any faster.

Well up here where it's all hardpack, if you're down 5 rwhp going into the first corner you're gonna notice it - no matter if you're James Stewart or not. I don't care about the bling, I want performance and if Yamaha wouldn't have messed with the can for '08 I'd be leaving the stock unit on the bike. I ran most of last season with a stock system on my '05 CRF & I realized long ago that for the most part my hard earned $$ is better spent on suspension - but from what I'm reading I shouldn't need to re-valve the susp. maybe re-spring (I'm 210lbs without gear) ? But I'll worry about that later.

Yeah...on firmer terrain, I guess it'd be a pretty big deal. You're going to love the suspension...congrats man.

• grayracer513

Posted February 25, 2010 - 12:03 PM

I disagree, sro2004....in the sand is where more horsepower is KING....jump on a 250f and ride Bostwick, then hop on your 450 and ride it again....you'll be noticeably faster and spend less energy fighting the front end on the 450 due to the extra power (keeps the front end light)...

As a desert racer, I totally agree with Butta on this. No substitute for a nice wide power curve and a lot of grunt.

• husqy360

Posted February 25, 2010 - 09:36 PM

If someone of equal skill is riding the bike with more power you will lose every time. And yes, all other things being equal, more power does mean faster in a drag race. Of course extra power does you no good if you don't know how to use it.

did i sey i didnt win?
the 09 have more pick hp.

it depand in the way the power come. big hit = you are going to lose some grip in many places.
not to many can take what a 450 can give.
the last problem a modern 4 strokes have is power! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.