How Many 2010 YZ450F's in the US

32 replies to this topic
  • Swapper265

Posted February 28, 2010 - 03:36 AM

Add to that how many factories were closed and how many jobs were cut, and it is understandable why there is a major demand and lack of supply on the new YZ 450f and YZ250f. I have been waiting on my new 2010 YZ250f and YZ450f for over 3 months now. Should pick up either Monday or Tuesday this week. They better be worth the wait. Hopefully Yamaha doesnt have these problems in the future and they resolve any financial issues they have had recently.

• jjablon8

Posted February 28, 2010 - 03:47 AM

Not sure what Yamaha's contingency is but, if it's true about the 500 unit thing, I would look for a new 09. Obviously if they are only were putting 500 on the market in the US they didn't spend much money on R&D improving the '10 from the '09.

• Swapper265

Posted February 28, 2010 - 04:20 AM

Obviously if they are only were putting 500 on the market in the US they didn't spend much money on R&D improving the '10 from the '09.

SARCASM ????????????

:thumbsup: :ride: :lol:

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted February 28, 2010 - 07:52 AM

Not sure what Yamaha's contingency is but, if it's true about the 500 unit thing, I would look for a new 09. Obviously if they are only were putting 500 on the market in the US they didn't spend much money on R&D improving the '10 from the '09.

:thumbsup: Man I needed a good one this morning thanks:lol:

• grayracer513

Posted February 28, 2010 - 08:59 PM

...they didn't spend much money on R&D improving the '10 from the '09.

It's always helpful when people who don't have a clue tell you that right out front. :thumbsup:

• jjablon8

Posted February 28, 2010 - 11:11 PM

Haha, I guess I was wrong about that comment. I'm just getting into Yami's so I haven't looked into the 2010, i just tried to look at it from a business point of view.

After reading up on it, now I understand where you're coming from. haha

Now looking at all the changes and improvements they've made, plus the amount of commercials on race day, I find it hard to believe they are only importing 500.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mediumfast

Posted March 08, 2010 - 05:35 PM

I talked to Jeff at SDG and he said they probably won't produce seats for it because of low production numbers. He said Yamaha told him there will be 1,200 in the US this year. He said Yamaha typically imports 10,000 for the US alone.

• andy250

Posted March 08, 2010 - 06:26 PM

I have #5020.

All this talk of limited production is pretty funny. The 09 CRF450 was supposed to be limited. Now they're being cleared out for $5k...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Yamaha will produce as many bikes as they can sell.

Probably a fair amount more than what will sell. There will be deals this time next year on 2010 closeouts.

• mediumfast

Posted March 08, 2010 - 07:07 PM

I have #5020.

All this talk of limited production is pretty funny. The 09 CRF450 was supposed to be limited. Now they're being cleared out for $5k...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Yamaha will produce as many bikes as they can sell.

Probably a fair amount more than what will sell. There will be deals this time next year on 2010 closeouts.

Time will tell but I don't think you are right. I think the business model has changed a bit. The manufacturers will be erring on the conservative side from this point on. Also keep in mind the 09 CRF450 is generally regarded as a disappointment. Everyone expected the new technology to greatly improve performance. Surprise surprise the 08 was a better bike. The global economy had a lot to do with it but you can't really blame people for not buying them....

• grayracer513

Posted March 08, 2010 - 08:08 PM

I'll go with you.

• gfmoto

Posted March 08, 2010 - 08:42 PM

There are very few bikes available in CA right now, supply has been very limited, maybe the spring time will change that, but peak ridding season is right now in ca. It's very strange that yamaha put out so many adds and so few bikes, maybe it's to enhance overall brand image (technology/industry leader etc...) like how ford only produced a few ford GT's even though the demand outs paced the supply? You would think that they would have made as many as they could seeing as it is "THE BIKE" of the moment!

• mediumfast

Posted March 08, 2010 - 09:39 PM

like all the other manufacturers yamaha doesnt want to have to discount thousands of bikes at the end of the year.

• grayracer513

Posted March 09, 2010 - 07:31 AM

There's been one or two at the big east county dealership here since they came out, and they're being sold at or just below MSRP...:banana:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.