2010 yamaha programmer

18 replies to this topic
  • cablemonkey334

Posted February 22, 2010 - 06:37 PM

anyone know what 1-9 are on the programmer an what is the stock setting ?

• BBrown626

Posted February 22, 2010 - 06:44 PM

There were some posts on this topic recently. A few people recieved thier programmer loaded with custom maps. I think most received it with nothing on it. There is a sticky at the top that is dedicated to sharing maps.

So far I found the best price is on e-bay.

• cablemonkey334

Posted February 22, 2010 - 07:03 PM

mine came with 1-9 preprogrammed in it. but i have no idea what they are

• Mike546

Posted February 22, 2010 - 07:07 PM

mine came with 1-9 preprogrammed in it. but i have no idea what they are

Are the maps all 0's? As far as I know the programmer can store up to nine maps but you have to load them in. A stock map would be all 0's.

• mediumfast

Posted February 22, 2010 - 07:16 PM

I just got one a few days ago and all maps are stock. That means all 0's. One of the Tips in the instruction book says there should be up to + or -3 between adjacement adjustment areas. For example it's ok to go from 0 to -3 but you shouldn't go from 0 to -4, -5, etc.

• delmas

Posted February 22, 2010 - 07:22 PM

There were some posts on this topic recently. A few people recieved thier programmer loaded with custom maps. I think most received it with nothing on it. There is a sticky at the top that is dedicated to sharing maps.

So far I found the best price is on e-bay.

you can get them from yamaha directly for 279.00
http://www.yamaha-mo...5/0/detail.aspx

• norcal_hoss

Posted February 22, 2010 - 07:26 PM

Map #7 takes 2 HP from the bottom and adds 4-5 hP on top.
So I was told. Im running #7 and love it.

• rickallen124

Posted February 22, 2010 - 07:30 PM

Norcal, could you post map #7 for the rest of us that didn't get pre-programmed maps on the tuner?

• norcal_hoss

Posted February 22, 2010 - 08:52 PM

I will go by the shop tomorrow when im returning some parts and have them print out the sheet they got from jgr.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mediumfast

Posted February 22, 2010 - 10:22 PM

i believe map #7 is:

+5 +5 0 0 0 0
+5 +7 +1 0 -5 0
+5 +7 +2 -3 -4 0

As far as the horsepower gain I dont think it's true. From what Iunderstand the best this programmer can do is to move power around. If you want more power get out your credit card and start buying aftermarket parts like any other bike.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 22, 2010 - 10:33 PM

My buddy that owns the shop where i got my 450 had a programmer that he let me borrow said he needed one for the shop and told me to just take it and use it.
i have it now and just put some batteries in it and turned it on and selected setting and it took me to maps 1-9 and I went through all of them and they were all zeros so I guess this programmer wasnt installed with any pre loaded maps.

• BBrown626

Posted February 24, 2010 - 11:19 PM

you can get them from yamaha directly for 279.00
http://www.yamaha-mo...5/0/detail.aspx

$220 plus $10 shipping on e-bay.

• motojase316

Posted February 25, 2010 - 02:49 AM

Map #7 takes 2 HP from the bottom and adds 4-5 hP on top.
So I was told. Im running #7 and love it.

According to MXA None of the programs increase HP Anywhere in the range.
that was found on dyno runs.

• Mike546

Posted February 25, 2010 - 03:06 AM

If your going to buy one on EBAY do a search for it on BING.com first and follow the link to EBAY and you will get 8% refunded to your paypal account. You have to sign up, it's with Microsoft. It only works with Buy it Now.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 25, 2010 - 07:46 PM

I will go by the shop tomorrow when im returning some parts and have them print out the sheet they got from jgr.

So I wonder what happened with the maps? I wished that yamaha would have had some already downloaded in the turner like the suzuki 250 rmz that was in transworld mx

• mediumfast

Posted February 25, 2010 - 08:52 PM

MXA and some other online sources have maps listed. They make a good starting point for making your own maps. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and try some different things.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 26, 2010 - 05:20 AM

Good luck! If yall's weather is like ours you are still looking at snow

• norcal_hoss

Posted February 26, 2010 - 10:01 AM

Knobby,
Sorry I have not made it to the shop since last week.. Been gearing up for Daytona have a big gig there next weekend so just been working on stuff. My foot pegs should be in today if they are I will go to the shop and ask them to give me the map settings.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 26, 2010 - 01:20 PM

Knobby,
Sorry I have not made it to the shop since last week.. Been gearing up for Daytona have a big gig there next weekend so just been working on stuff. My foot pegs should be in today if they are I will go to the shop and ask them to give me the map settings.

Thats fine.......I just thought you forgot all about it. Hey! what race sag are you running with your 2010 450? I weigh 174lbs dry and 197 with all my gear on and with just my weight dry I set my race sag in a sitting position and came up 102mm.

That is the way the bike came stock, I didnt have to turn the spring none. My static sag is at 38mm. Will this spring suit my weight?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.