wiring questions

4 replies to this topic
  • ZX10Rsilver

Posted February 22, 2010 - 11:58 AM

Ive just bought a Yamaha yz426f it already has the sator kit on it but not sure what previous guy has done but there are a few wires that have been pulled out ill post pics soon just wondering if any one could tell me what they are for. Also how easy is it to fit a battery a 12v one and were could it go?

• Birdy426

Posted February 22, 2010 - 12:21 PM

What stator kit? WR stator? Ricky Stator? Electrolux? Let us know. If it's a WR stator, at least the pink wire shouldbe capped and stowed...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted February 22, 2010 - 12:22 PM

Small battery fits in the air box (see Baja Designs...)

• ZX10Rsilver

Posted February 24, 2010 - 08:22 AM

Not sure which make it is but has coloured tape at the end of every connection

• Polar_Bus

Posted February 24, 2010 - 04:49 PM

Not sure which make it is but has coloured tape at the end of every connection

Most dirtbike conversions use a simple AC lighting coil. You probably have 3 wires exiting your stator, and there should be an additional yellow single wire (aux. lighting coil) exiting the stator housing that feeds the 12V AC power to run a headlight. You should also have a voltage regulator bolted somewhere on your frame.

Here is a link to my detailed method as to how I converted my KX500 over to 12V AC power. :

If you want the system to work utilizing a battery, now you have to have a 12V DC type system. This requires a voltage regulator/rectifier, and slightly different wiring.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.